Movies

Only twice! And actually only half the second time, the woman fell asleep so I went back to Futurama.

In my head though? About 2405240568 times. BEST MOVIE EVER.

Have you ever seen the kinda-pointless sequel?
Nah. I remember you telling me about it awhile back, and I don't remember the specifics, but I somehow recall the phrase "I'd rather eat hot dogpoo fresh from the oven than watch it again" for some reason, but that might just be me thinking about Oprah like usual.

BLOOD DIAMOND ... was expecting a cheesy action type movie, but it was totally not that. nice surprise.

BABEL ... what a completely useless excercise in repeatedness ... Inaritu has managed to make the same movie 3 times now. wtf? and still being praised as a visionary?

Amores Perros, 21 Grams and now Babel ...

Amores Perros still stands high above the rest.

Watched Brick last night - definitely one I'm gonna have to see again, just to get the incredibly dense plot sorted in my head. For those who don't know, the hook of the film is that it's basically a hard-boiled detective noir movie, with dialogue straight out of the pages of Dashiell Hammett and Raymond Chandler and several straight homages to The Maltese Falcon - only it's set in a contemporary high school. It might sound gimmicky, but it works beautifully because everyone plays it completely straight.

Just the rare occurance of an exclamation mark at the end of one of your posts gives me some idea as to what the answer to this question will be, but what the hell - any good?

Yup, but of course you have to enjoy the whole comic book-thing to like it, at the same time as you're not pissed off when it differs from the actual comic book stories... Exagerrated, dramatic etc etc and not just a guy in tights catching bank robbers. And it has Venom!

Sounds like we have a winner then - I have friends that are total comic-book (and Spiderman in particular) nerds who have been umming and aahing about the introduction of the Gwen Stacy arc into the movie, among other things, but I've always been able to appreciate when a balance is struck between faithfulness to the source and the changes that have to be made to make a successful adaptation to another medium.

That said, The Punisher movie (both of them, actually) fucking sucked.

Talladega Nights: dont bother. This is terrible. Couple funny parts during a dinner scene. Stupid and boring otherwise. Will Ferrell truly just needed to stop at Old School. Instead of quitting at the top, he's going to go on an on with shitty movie after shitty movie.

Talladega Nights: dont bother. This is terrible. Couple funny parts during a dinner scene. Stupid and boring otherwise. Will Ferrell truly just needed to stop at Old School. Instead of quitting at the top, he's going to go on an on with shitty movie after shitty movie.

On the contrary, I think his part was less funny in Old School than it usually is... I saw Blades of Glory today and it was hilarious, as was Talladega Nights.
Will Ferrell is a feckin genious and if I could have any best friend I wanted it'd be him.

On the contrary, I think his part was less funny in Old School than it usually is... I saw Blades of Glory today and it was hilarious, as was Talladega Nights.
Will Ferrell is a feckin genious and if I could have any best friend I wanted it'd be him.

Yea I agree, I thought both those were better in the humor department than Old School.