Movies

i thought 28 days later was way better tbh, not that "weeks" was a bad movie because let's face it, it's pretty hard to make a bad movie when there's zombies involved...but i dunno, the comparison i would make is:

-with 28 days later they took a regular guy and threw him into a totally implausible situation, and walked away with a fantastic and truly scary movie. you identify way more with the protagonist than in the sequel, and it makes for way more suspense.

-with 28 weeks later they took an already implausible (though awesome) scenario and added an extra layer of implausability--the way the whole occupation thing was played out seemed really contrived to me. then they threw in some less-believable characters and a bunch of big-budget action sequences. i could have cared less about the kids getting torn apart so it was just less suspenseful and scary, although the first scene (without them) is pretty exhilarating. the whole thing seemed kind of confused and less genuinely scary than the first one, and relied a little too heavily on cheap-shot surprise moments to drive the horror.

that said, it was worth seeing, at least as worth your $10 as any other movie :rolleyes: ...if you liked the first one you'll find this one quite enjoyable, if somewhat lacking in some respects. a couple of my friends who like the first one said they thought it sucked; i wouldn't be so harsh but i dunno about the rave reviews i've seen for it. i just love zombies, really.

still can't believe i paid $10 to see a movie and it wasn't because i was trying to get into a girl's pants.

also watched argento's PHENOMENA recently, which was phenomenal. that little fucker was creepy as shit! also i've never seen so many maggots and/or rotting body parts in one movie, cheers to that. unfortunately my gf fell asleep so i didn't get into any pants there either :(

Went to watch Spiderman 3. I was really confused when Peter started speaking Japanese. After I found the theater without the dubbed version though, I found the movie to be entertaining but ultimately forgettable.

:lol:

Best part for me was Bruce motherfucking Campbell as the French maitre d' (sp?). The movie was a letdown after Spiderman 2 though - they tried to cram about two movies' worth of plot into 2hrs 20mins, and the result was some interesting story ideas were skipped over far too rapidly. And Topher Grace as Eddie Brock? Worst. Casting. Ever.

Topher Grace is an abominiation.
Bruce Campbell is a genius.

That said, saw 28 Weeks Later today. I'm not sure what I think about this movie. It was incredibly violent and distracting. The bass was up way too high in the mix (at least at my theater) and it actually made me naseous - an infected dude poking his wife's eyes in didn't help either. Maybe this movie is good, I don't know. I think I'm losing my taste for horror. Murder! Death! Zombies! Isn't there enough of that in real life already?

meh, I can't get into that stuff anymore. Maybe having a child has changed my constitution but I actually squirmed in my seat during the entire movie - something I've never done before.

Watched Children of Men last night. Pretty cool. I like Clive Owen in everything he does. He's funny. I don't know if he means to be but he's funny nonetheless.

Also, has anyone seen the Old Spice commercial with Bruce Campbell?

tired to watch Volver for 10 minutes than came to the realization that 80% of Almodovar flicks are "gay guy preoccupied with women's lives" rubish ... heck even my chick didn't care for it.

So you'll generally accept any shit that's flung at you, but shy away from actual quality?

That said, the trailer for Rambo IV gave me a monumental boner.

I'm easily entertained. I enjoy B-movies, so I generally like 95% of the movies I watch, but there are just some movies I don't like.