Movies

Harsh Times Christian Bale never ceases to impress but his character was EXACTLY like Jim Carey's Chip Douglas in Cable Guy (which also rules, btw). I found myself chucking throughout the entire movie. I dont think thats what the director had in mind but I couldnt help it.

Was Smokin' Aces made by my pals? Horrible movie.

That was one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my life. The white supremacist scene where they pulled up in the vehicle, blast the security shmoes, and then spend literally five minutes fucking with a dead guys lips made me want to cry. Not to mention the scene where that Joe Rogan look-a-like loses a contact and has an acid trip in the mirror for six minutes. WTF?!?!:rolleyes:

Fuck Negars!!! Let them fucking burn! (Worse than they are now)

The action sequences were cool, but other than that, I got tired of the "my pals this, bitch that, my pals this, bitch that!"

And I was praying for that dorky kung-fu kid with A.D.D. to die the whole time.

haha, i rented that one, but havent watched it

pursuit of happyness was ok, but i got bored with it after a while. it is cool because it's based on a true story

texas chainsaw massacre: the beginning was just OK

just saw smokin aces.

at first it was stupid entertainment, then they tried to turn an expensive b-movie into a mind boggler. what a fucking stupid ending. they shoulda just had everyone blow eachother away, and then alicia keys do a strip tease.

I talked about The Good Shepherd awhile back. Brilliant film.

Saw The Covenant today. Really bad movie with virtually no plot whatsoever. The blond chick is really gorgeous though. Showed a nipple for 0.3 seconds. (what am I? Twelve years old?)

Watched Apocalyptico last night. Best movie I have seen since the Prestige. Though the same Hollywood formula was used, it was done in a way where there were moments that I actually believed that the protagonist was going to meet his end. Very little dialogue, plenty of kickassery.

movies:

13/TZAMETI: thanks to a recommendation I noticed by lurch earlier in the thread that seemingly everyone else ignored. Great atmosphere, very film noir in style, though the plot itself of the film would have been even more shocking had they not given the scenes away in the actual title menus pffffft. Really something worth seeing, though. ANOTHER GOOD RECO BY LURCH 5 stars A+++ would watch again

Calvaire (The Ordeal): Netflixed this because there was a trailer for it on the 13/Tzameti dvd. Had the potential to be an intense thriller, started building up to that moment, and then suddenly the film falls flat, loses it's momentum, and just ends. Turned to rubbish in a matter of moments.

Solaris (the original russian one, nuts to you, George Clooney): Oh man, a certified classic, no doubt about it. This movie is intense, as long as you can survive through the agonizingly slow first part of the film.

Near Dark: Don't think I've seen this one in the past. Lance Henrikson and Bill Paxton are bad ass vampires but they get fucked up due to some faggy guy not wanting to be as cool as them. Vampire films stereotypically suck (lolz pun) but this one is definitely rad.

Let Sleeping Corpses Lie: The first color zombie film allegedly, came out after Night of the Living Dead but before Dawn of the Dead. It had it's moments, but it also full of random nonsense. As far as zombie movie history goes it's worth a watch, but nowhere near the status of Night of.., and definitely not up to par with Dawn..

Went to the theater for Pirates 3: Too much of everything. Way too long, bloated plot, I don't see how anyone would like this since so many hated the 2nd (although I did like it). Gah, overly annoying at all times.

I don't remember what else I saw recently, had a free month of netflix so I stuffed myself on that. Movie overload.

Solaris (the original russian one, nuts to you, George Clooney): Oh man, a certified classic, no doubt about it. This movie is intense, as long as you can survive through the agonizingly slow first part of the film.

the mood this movie creates is still unmatched ... just sucks you in ... but you better not be sleepy

Indeed, I couldn't make it through on my first try. The extended scene of driving on the highway just kills you (via boredom) if you're not in the right mindset.

I liked Stalker but actually found that one a bit too slow, which surprised me somewhat, since I thought I had built up quite a tolerance for slow movies. It definitely deserves another chance though.

I finally seen "The Big Lebowski" for the first time last night. Great stuff. :lol:

Edit - Also caught Artie Lange's "Beer League". This movie is a straight to video film, and rightfully so. However if you're in to baseball and crude humor, it's worth a rent. Plus the female star is pretty damn hot.

Crank: Pure shit. Turned it off after 5 minutes, literally.
Running Scared: Shit. Turned it off after about an hour.
I don't understand what goes through people's heads when they make crap like this. Why I rented them is another question.