Movies

:lol: ummm ... this movie has no kids in it but rather a pretty fucking great Ray Liotta perfomance

This is a "family" movie aka "crap". This is the end of the road for everyone involved. I can't believe William H. Macy was in this. I always thought he was supposed to be a serious thespian or whatnot.

On that note, I love it when certain big actors are in a shit movie PURELY for a paycheck and go out of their way to avoid getting a credit. A couple notable examples are Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The New Beginning (or whatever) circa 1996 with Rene Zellwegger and Matthew McConoughey and that movie a few years back with Steve Martin and an unmentioned, uncredited Ashton Kutcher. Check please!

On that note, I love it when certain big actors are in a shit movie PURELY for a paycheck and go out of their way to avoid getting a credit. A couple notable examples are Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The New Beginning (or whatever) circa 1996 with Rene Zellwegger and Matthew McConoughey and that movie a few years back with Steve Martin and an unmentioned, uncredited Ashton Kutcher. Check please!

I think its cool ... it allows them to do other indie movies for next to nothing.
Harvey Keitel used to do this a lot ... where is he anyway?

White light/black rain - documentary about the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Very emotionally draining and depressing as expected. The interviews with survivors are very moving. Recollections of people as it happened, and the aftermath (instant death, black rain, utter destruction, radiation). There are also paintings and drawings by survivors that are shown through the movie. A particular interesting topic is how the survivors are treated in Japan to this day. They're mostly shunned by society, and not only them but their children and grandchildren. As one person says 'they're just waiting for all of us to die" Only fairly recently has the gov. even given the survivors medical compensation. Mogwai round out the subdued soundtrack perfectly (Christmas steps is an amazing track).

Finally watched 'Harry Potter and The Order Of The Phoenix'.

Less "magical" movie of the series (which is logical in a way) but still pretty good and very entertaining. The final battle(s) were spectacular. I pray that Cuaron (or Del Toro) will direct the 7th film.

Finally watched 'Harry Potter and The Order Of The Phoenix'.

Less "magical" movie of the series (which is logical in a way) but still pretty good and very entertaining. The final battle(s) were spectacular. I pray that Cuaron (or Del Toro) will direct the 7th film.

what the hell, they've already cranked out six movies?!? :ill:

So I finally watched Batman Begins earlier tonight. Holy hell this movie rocked. Can't wait for the next one with the Joker :kickass:

Welcome to the party; it's just a superb film. Chrisitan Bale >>>>>>> any other Batman. It will be interesting to see if the introduction of The Joker allows the movie to retain the serious edge of its predacessor, or if it will be more campy. Jack Nicholson was great as The Joker in the first Batman film, but I don't feel that type of portrayal would work in the new one. Either way, can't wait.

Just watched This Is England. It's about skinheads in the UK back in 1980s, when they were just turning from a middle class music movement into nazis.

Extremely worthwhile imo and brutal but also with quite am ample amount of side-splitting hilarity. Highly fucking recommended.

Watched this godawful flick called Skinwalkers the other day. It manages to poorly rip off John Carpenter's Vampires, From Dusk Til Dawn, Underworld, and a touch of Desperado, and utterly fails at anything remotely resembling intelligence, excitement or involvement. Surprisingly enough, it's by the guy that directed Jason X.

I think I rented that once. How old is it? I remember a movie very close to what you're describing that I turned off after a few minutes. I do remember there was a boobie in it though.