Movies

Why do you guys think Dawn of the Dead sucked? I thought it was great.
Demilich: I knew it was filmed in Toronto but have always wondered if the skyline you see from the mall is truly downtown Toronto. It doesn't look like it but it does seem quite real. Also, didn't that mall get torn down?

nah, its being redeveloped. my dad manages a grocery store that's attached to it :erk:

but it has sucked since the 80s. there used to be a movie theatre there, but THAT got shut down.

Hot Fuzz

Took a while to get going, but ended up being hilarious towards the end. It's from the same dudes behind Shaun of the Dead

yeah, the ending really made the rest of the movie worthwhile. I had higher expectations, but it was good nonetheless.

Just bought this on DVD (finally), it's easily one of my favorite zombie films of all time:

11.jpg

SIMPSONS MOVIE - about as many laughs as one good simpsons episode, stretched over a feature-length movie. fortunately at a lean 87 minutes they didn't make it overly long like seemingly every other movie coming out these days, and it was pretty entertaining overall...though they reused a few jokes and the supporting springfieldians were largely reduced to their catchphrases. i wouldn't rush out to see it but it was a good way to kill an hour and a half while bored and wandering in missoula :loco:. 6 jumbo squishees out of 10.

THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND - movie about a guy who becomes the personal doctor of ugandan dictator idi amin. watched this late at night with the gf expecting to fall asleep halfway through but it kept me engaged to the end...certainly a point in its favor. forest whitaker is a badass in general and makes this worth a watch. it's pretty gritty and bloody in parts, especially at the climax, and they fortunately also didn't tack on a sappy love story like you might expect. plus one chick gets all her limbs cut off and sewn back on in the wrong places. (well if it isn't mr. mcgregg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg!) also theres some titties. ima give this one a solid 7.5

Seen 75% of the Bourne Ultimatum last night. I couldn't follow it due to a multitude of interruptions at work, but I must say that that hand to hand fight scene after the foot chase was arresting! Best fight scene in any movie I have ever seen, PERIOD! :kickass: