Movies

Teeth

High school student Dawn works hard at suppressing her budding sexuality by being the local chastity group''s most active participant. Her task is made even more difficult by her bad boy stepbrother Brad''s increasingly provocative behavior at home. A stranger to her own body, innocent Dawn discovers she has a toothed vagina when she becomes the object of violence. As she struggles to comprehend her anatomical uniqueness, Dawn experiences both the pitfalls and the power of being a living example of the vagina dentata myth.

:zombie:

Actually a really good movie, surprisingly. I saw it last year at a festival (I'm pretty sure I posted a little sum up in this thread), and it's very well done, with some great subtext. Really liked it, and definitely well worth seeing.

Plus, The Orphanage is indeed great, saw that at the same festival :)

its going to take a bit to really digest its full meaning ... but

NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN

:OMG:

one of the most memorable movies I have seen since Reservoir Dogs ... pure style and a tour de force by ALL actors involved ...

everyone ... just run and see this

holy crap ... two great flicks in 24 hours.

NCFOM and now SHOOT'EM UP ... this was a complete surprise. Clive Owen kicks ass as usual. Paul Giammati playing against type and Monica Bellucci as lucsious as ever.

... the baby they are trying to save stops crying when hearing Death Metal :kickass:

even the "making of" is awesome ... first time director pulling off this type of intense action is a miracle ... and the story is kind of great as well.

really inventive stuff!!!

Hahah, Shoot 'Em Up was incredibly awesome. If you compressed that movie into one minute-long scene, you would have Clive Owen skydiving out of an airplane with a gun in each hand, using carrots to jam the triggers into autofire to shoot federal agents parachuting after him, with a baby strapped to his back, while having sex with Monica Belluci.

With Paul Giamati standing on the ground shooting up at him while talking to his wife on a cell phone.

Also, make sure to check the "Remix" in Special Features, it is goddamn hilarioius.

The ending of No country for old men makes me a sad panda. I don't like those kind of endings. Great movie though.

Yep. Depp's playing John Dillinger, and Bale's playing Melvin Purvis, the FBI agent who led the manhunt for Dillinger and who caught more mobsters than any other agent in history. I'll be in the line for that one.

awesome ... :kickass:

also lets not forget Depp in 21 Jump Street where he played a cop for years.