Movies

yeah, its a Sci-Fi Blair Witch ... all reviews on AintItCoolNews have been glowing however about this fact alone.

You do get to see the monster. A good bit actually. Especially near the end of the movie. :heh:

That close up scene of the monster in Central Park really took away from the film imo. First off, the thing looked to be 1/3 the size up close than it did in the far away shots. This fucking thing was towering over buildings earlier on, and then looked no bigger than a maple tree during this scene. Secondly, why the fuck would it concentrate on one pesky civilian human being, when there was an entire army propelling rocket grenades at it? :rolleyes:

In other words, this movie ran 6 minutes too long.

The chicks were gorgeous. I'll give this movie 3 stars. I'm still a little woozy from the camera work. :erk:

Yeah, it didn't look that big up close. I would give an explanation on why I think he concentrated on one civilian, but I can't think of one that doesn't involve ruining the movie. Still well worth the 5 months wait for me.

The only thing I can see people hating about this movie is the shaky cam. I've heard that a lot of people had to get up and leave/puke because of motion sickness. It was mostly females though, I think.

saw this little indie type of suspense flick, TURISTAS on hbo on demand.

it takes place in Brazil with a bunch of youg US tourists stuck in the Amazon ... for the amount of gorgeous chicks in it, it sure had a low tit reveal ratio.

the movie was meh also, but would have you hooked on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

That close up scene of the monster in Central Park really took away from the film imo. First off, the thing looked to be 1/3 the size up close than it did in the far away shots. This fucking thing was towering over buildings earlier on, and then looked no bigger than a maple tree during this scene. Secondly, why the fuck would it concentrate on one pesky civilian human being, when there was an entire army propelling rocket grenades at it? :rolleyes:

I actually don't think it was supposed to be the same monster - there could have been a bunch of those things running around (all different sizes), I think it was cool in that context and left open ended. If it was only supposed to be the one monster, then yeah, I'd agree, but I have a feeling it wasn't alone.

The first 20 minutes were worthless. After that the movie was extremely engrossing and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

In other words, this movie ran 6 minutes too long.

The chicks were gorgeous. I'll give this movie 3 stars. I'm still a little woozy from the camera work. :erk:

I think it was the same monster throughout the movie. But, I never saw it towering over any of the really tall buildings/skyscrapers. So it wasn't extremely massive to begin with, but still plenty huge. In that scene in the park, the dude was right under it looking up at it. Perspective can be hard to judge when you're looking straight up at something, especially with a digicam. With that in mind it all appeared to be spot on for me *shrug*

I found the very, very, I mean very last shot leaving me more to ponder than the rest of the entire movie did.

Such as on that MonsterQuest show they used the power of science to prove how misleading perspective can be. Like the people thought it was "AHHHH GIANT BLACK PANTHER" but science said "just a kitty!!!! awwww"