Movies

for those of you that have seen it ... what was the point of Javier's "accident" towards the end?

i thought of it as just a way to show how fucking unstoppable the dude is....he more or less represents the embodiment of evil, no car crash is gonna slow his ass down--homeboy just makes himself a sling and keeps limping. evil never dies!! :kickass:

watched the goonies last night, best oregon flick ever

I saw Aliens vs Predator: Requiem, and it so much better than part 1. For a film that has such little dialogue it keeps you reeled in for 90mins. There are some pretty gruesome and sick scenes in that film that will make you squirm. Don't expect any Oscars, though.

for those of you that have seen it ... what was the point of Javier's "accident" towards the end?

It's a play on the "game of chance" ala his coin flipping...or something along them lines. I know that's what crossed my mind anyhow. Also the contrast of the "goodness" of the kids with the "evil" throughout from that sick bastard.

I agree that Javier should absolutely win an Oscar for his performance.

Watched Battle Royale again today. Great movie. I love japanese movies. Also watched Old Boy and to anyone who has not seen it, its a must. Lady Vengenance is next on my list. Shogun Assassin was great as well. Watched Saw 4 actually pretty good way better than 2 and a litle better than 3. 3:10 to Yuma was good as fucking the fucking amazing SUnshine. I work in a video store. Also my buddy loves japanese shit.

It's a play on the "game of chance" ala his coin flipping...or something along them lines. I know that's what crossed my mind anyhow. Also the contrast of the "goodness" of the kids with the "evil" throughout from that sick bastard.

I agree that Javier should absolutely win an Oscar for his performance.

Josh Brolin deserves the Oscar, he stole the show in my opinion. Despite being wounded in the side by a flying door lock he still keeps his composure while hitch hiking. "Don't worry, I'm not gonna hurt ya." Every actor in this film put on an A game performance, Jones, Harrelson, Brolin, and Bardem. The strong point of the film was that you were literally terrified for the well being of Brolin. When he approached the crime scene at the beginning of the film I was on pins and needles hoping that nobody would show up. Same feeling when Bardem arrives at the hotel and you see his still shadow at the bottom of the floor board. You simply want him to go away. 5 stars :kickass:

you're right about Brolin's character ... they shot this film in such a real way. the whole big chunk at the motels in the middle made the movie for me.

and I am happy that the Coen's did not make this one funny at all, it really showed great restraint. the least bit of forced humor would have killed everything.

I'm not sure but it annoyed me that you could see it coming from a mile away.

Spoiler alert!!!

I'm not exactly sure what to think of the movie. I thought it was fucking great up to Llewelyn's death. That was so anti-climactic, however, that it really hurt the film. But the final parts with Tommy Lee Jones were oddly moving. Up until then I had no idea why they'd given the movie such a title. The final dialogue with his wife...I thought it was fantastic. The contrast of the nice, warm, house with his wife there and the cold, hopeless, dream recollection just had me staring at the screen for a while as the credits rolled.

*SPOILER ALERT*

But the final parts with Tommy Lee Jones were oddly moving. Up until then I had no idea why they'd given the movie such a title. The final dialogue with his wife...I thought it was fantastic. The contrast of the nice, warm, house with his wife there and the cold, hopeless, dream recollection just had me staring at the screen for a while as the credits rolled.

I loved the dialogue as well - particularly how the two worlds were then bridged together by the image of his father riding ahead and building the fire for them. A warm, comforting place indeed was possible, even in a harsh place that is "No Country For and Old Man".

Just watched Eastern Promises, Cronenberg's lastest, and it was good, albeit not spectacular. Pretty gloomy, and downright unpleasant at times, with very brutal and realistic violence and a lot of suffering in general. My main gripe is that the ending is far too rushed and actually ruins what could have been a really good flick.
I'd still recommend it though

Just watched Eastern Promises, Cronenberg's lastest, and it was good, albeit not spectacular. Pretty gloomy, with very brutal realistic violence and a lot of suffering in general. My main gripe is that the ending is far too rushed and actually ruins what could have been a really good flick.
I'd still recommend it though

EXACTLY! I loved it ...until the ending. :mad: It should have kept going and had a decent ending.

Just got back from watching Rambo. Horrible acting, and subpar CGI, but holy shit did that movie get me pumped up. I'm ready to go on a killing spree.

Sunshine was pretty damn good if you like Event Horizon and Aliens. I enjoyed, though I think the wife found it a bit weird (i.e. dark, slow, different)

3:10 to Yuma
pretty good. some of it got on my nerves, but overall great acting

Sunshine was pretty damn good if you like Event Horizon and Aliens. I enjoyed, though I think the wife found it a bit weird (i.e. dark, slow, different)

3:10 to Yuma
pretty good. some of it got on my nerves, but overall great acting
Sunshine was awesome. Everyone needs to see that movie.
3:10 was really good too.

just got back Rambo. Holy fuck it ruled! :kickass: