Movies

Indeed. Travis Bickle is an unforgettable character, plus the jazz laden musical score is as melancholy as it is memorable.

Yeah, that is exactly what I have read. It was the composer's last effort too. New episode of Simpsons on right now but maybe Ill go to the store afterward. If not, def tomorrow morning. I dont have to work tomorrow so...

Still have to watch 3:10 To Yuma but I am still very skeptical.

I also still have to watch this "There Will Be Blood" and "Beowulf" which I have. But those arent going anywhere.

Ok, so the final cut of blade runner:

It's basically a heavily remastered version of the director's cut, however little extra bits, like the extra violence of the international theatrical version are tossed in, and apparently a few other things that I haven't really noticed.

It's worth getting if you don't have it on DVD already (which I didn't, before buying this), so yeah, csocreee.

MajestikMøøse;6907595 said:
Ok, so the final cut of blade runner:

It's basically a heavily remastered version of the director's cut, however little extra bits, like the extra violence of the international theatrical version are tossed in, and apparently a few other things that I haven't really noticed.

It's worth getting if you don't have it on DVD already (which I didn't, before buying this), so yeah, csocreee.

I'm a massive Blade Runner fanboy, so I went out and bought the five-DVD special edition tin, with every version of the movie ever in it. Love the Final Cut - glad to see they fixed Chief Bryant's line about the number of loose replicants near the beginning, and Zhora's death scene is infinitely improved by the re-shot footage.

Just got back from Fritz Lang's Nibelungen: Siegfried's Tod which I actually in a theater AND with live piano music to boot. It wipes the floor with more or less every epic adventure movie ever made after it, simple as that.

MOOSE, you need to see this one...

Just watched Planet Terror - loved it, zillion times better than Death Proof.

Also watched Transformers, what a fucking waste of time, horrible movie from every aspect, although i admit i got some chills when i first saw a specific Cab vehicle.

This looks AWESOME. Gotta fetch this on DVD somehow.

I have both parts and could send them if you like. It's only that they're 12GB so it'll probably take a while

But yeah, it's seriously awesome

I actually continued my forays into the world of silent film tonight, with nothing less than Friedrich Willhelm Murnau's Faust from 1926. The first half an hour was very intense and excellent in most ways, but then it lost momentum throughout the whole movie up until something of an anti-climax of an ending. The special effects were, eighty years down the line, still pretty impressive and must have been spectacular at the time of the making