Movies

NCFOM is now my fave Coen Bro's flick ... so out of their league too in some ways.

it just fucking rules :kickass:

^Dayum straight. I definitely need watch it again. I NEVER do that. It was that good.

I just came back from Hollywood Video with He Was A Quiet Man with Christian Slater. Didn't even know it was him until i saw his name on the back. I went in, for the third time, expecting to rent 3:10 To Yuma, but saw this and was intrigued. I keep having second thoughts about renting 3:10. I'm not so sure how into Westerns I am.

First_Kane_poster_small.jpg

FUCK!! :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

saw this little indie type of suspense flick, TURISTAS on hbo on demand.

it takes place in Brazil with a bunch of youg US tourists stuck in the Amazon ... for the amount of gorgeous chicks in it, it sure had a low tit reveal ratio.

the movie was meh also, but would have you hooked on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
Thanks for the 411. The movie seemed to be a poor man's Hostel. I figured I'd check out. But given your overall impressions AND THE POOR gorgeous-chick-to-tit-reveal ratio, I think I'll pull it from my NetFlix queue.

By the way, the ratio was quite favorable for Zombie's Halloween remake. The movie was solid. I liked the way the developed the Michael Myers back story. And I liked where he chose to give you a near shot-for-shot remake and where he chose to deviate. Unfortunately, the well developed back story made the overall movie length a bit long for a horror flick (2:01).

Zod

I saw No Country for Old Men and Javier absolutely deserves to win an Oscar. He is the most thrilling killer / psychopath since Hannibal Lector.

My only complaint about NCfOM (and this more to do with my flick house) is that I couldn't hear nor understand Tommy Lee Jones' final voice-over.

for those of you that have seen it ... what was the point of Javier's "accident" towards the end?

why are you invisible, Reign in Acai?
I watched 3:10 to Yuma on my new tv and Christian Bale ruled as always, the whole film was great.