Movies

I hate you guys for watching movies. I seem to have come full-circle and now my movie-watching revolves around a once-every-two-months date with the wife when we can score free child care from her mom. It's like 1983 over here. DVD? What's that?

watched GLOBAL METAL last night ... from the guy that did Metal: A Headbanger's Journey.

he did a fine job on this one as well. learned a lot of new things.
did you know that in Sao Paulo, Brazil there is a freaking "mall" where all the stores sell just metal related stuff ... a mall!

I did not realize that was released.

I had heard that metal was huge in certain areas of Brazol, ajnd I think I have actually seen pictures of that mall.

I've pretty much lost interest in movies. I'm glad I didn't invest in that home theater shit I was planning on getting. The other day I was working on a plan to install the tv on a fireplace and midway through my planning I thought, "fuck this. I don't even care"

THE GAMBLER ... holy fuck, how did this slip through the cracks?
awesome, gritty 70's character study a la Taxi Driver ... a James Caan tour de force :kickass:

those of you with Netfucks, you can watch it on Instant Play.

Nóz w wodzie 'Knife in the Water' (1962: Roman Polanski)

Pretty good for a debut film. Three actors: A husband, a wife, a young hitchhiker, and a boating trip.

Besides the obvious play on tension and relaxation, plus the subtle one-up-manship contests between the youth and the husband, some of the shots were absolutely fantastic in composition.

</Moose's requisite completely uninformed rant on art-house cinema for the next month or two>

I've never watched Dune in it's entirety. Sting was in it. That's been enough to churn my bowels every time I catch some of it.

finally opened a netflix account...coming soon: american psycho, yojimbo, zombie, the monster squad, network

wtf have i been waiting for, i already spend $7 or 8 including the late fees every time i rent a movie, even if i only watch one a month it's a bargain :rolleyes:

The 20th (!) anniversary edition of The Monster Squad came out last year. It should be the one they send you.