Movies

Just saw Hellboy II. Script needed some work on pacing and dialogue, but holy shit that movie was beautiful. Guillermo del Toro's mind is a terrifying, amazing place. Definitely worth seeing if just for the creature design and cinematography.

Also got tickets to see Dark Knight on IMAX next Saturday. Cannot express in words my anticipation.

encounters at the end of the world - herzog documentary about people living in Antarctica. Some really interesting/eccentric people herzog interviews. Some amazing footage, especially the underwater stuff

[rec] - spanish zombie movie, really good stuff. Shot from the now seemingly standard pov style. Low budget, but very intense. Really claustrophobic atmosphere, and some startling moments throughout. Was shot entirely on location in the apartment building. They're doing a remake called quarantine, looks to be similar but not as dark and grainy (thus detracting from the experience naturally).

I reckon it's not only a good, or even great, movie, but actually THE BEST MOVIE EVER.

The dialogue, the settings, the lighting, the music, the acting, the actors... It all comes together in a glorious symbioses of epic awesomeness. I feel kinda silly when I churn up this wonder in my old VHS player on my new technomalogical-like TV, though, so I better waste some of my jew-gold on a DVD version soon.

I completely forgot I had posted about this here, so I'm bumping this just to say RIGHTON! I completely agree. I now own the special edition DVD with additional scenes and stuff (Never got around to checking the extra material out as such stuff usually sux anyway), and I sent my old taped-from-TV-with-Swedish-text VHS away with some other shit to croatia or wherever together with some other stuff to one of the blokes in Space Eater... I hope he enjoys it as much as I have! On an equal level of greatness, although on a completely different wavelength stands Dumb and Dumber, also the BEST MOVIE EVER and the two shall never compete since they're so different in every possible way. I also need to get around to watching a bunch of kickass barbarian-type B-movies one day (The Barbarians, Barbarian Queen, Barbarian Queen II etc)

Just saw Wanted, and WOW that was a lame sad pathetic kickass excuse for a movie. I ahve NEVER EVER seen such a bad movie before, luckily this was in the awesome way so I quite enjoyed it. What very little storyline it had was completely terrible, it had lots of slow-mo action scenes, deathdefying car jumps, mile-long train falls, Angelina Jolie naked, and best of all, it really really REALLY wants you to go home thinking "yeah that's totally me". Anyone seen it? Loved it or hated it? Personally, I haven't decided yet, but it was T E R R I B L E.

watched Kingdom of Heaven director's cut again. Continue to be amazed by how fucking good that movie is and how badly the theatrical release fucked it up.

I rented it on Blu-Ray after hearing this from everyone and their mother, and hoo boy was I disappointed. It dragged and dragged and dragged, then I left to answer a phone call and dick around, and when I came back it was still basically where I left off, with another hour and a half left to go.

This coming (extended) weekend :D

Day One
6.30 pm - Eden Lake
9.00 pm - I Know How Many Runs You Scored Last Summer
11.15 pm - Scar 3D

Day Two
10.30 am - Time Crimes
12.30 pm - The Substitute
2.40 pm - Trailer Park of Terror
4.50 pm - Mum & Dad
7.15 pm - The Strangers
9.15 pm - Freakdog
11.45 pm - Bad Biology

Day Three
10.30 am - Fear(s) of the Dark
12.30 pm - Dance of the Dead
2.30 pm - Manhunt
4.40 pm - The Chaser
7.20 pm - Bubba's Chili Parlor
10.00 pm - The Midnight Meat Train
Midnight - Tokyo Gore Police

Day Four
11.15 am - From Within + The Listening Dead
1.30 pm - Let The Right One In
4.00 pm - The Broken
6.15 pm - Autopsy
9.00 pm - Martyrs
11.30 pm - Jack Brooks Monster Slayer

Day Five
11 am - The Dead Outside
1.20 pm - The FILM4 FrightFest Short Film Showcase
3.40 pm - The Disappeared
6.30 pm - Mirrors
9.00 pm - Death Race

Just saw Wanted, and WOW that was a lame sad pathetic kickass excuse for a movie. I ahve NEVER EVER seen such a bad movie before, luckily this was in the awesome way so I quite enjoyed it. What very little storyline it had was completely terrible, it had lots of slow-mo action scenes, deathdefying car jumps, mile-long train falls, Angelina Jolie naked, and best of all, it really really REALLY wants you to go home thinking "yeah that's totally me". Anyone seen it? Loved it or hated it? Personally, I haven't decided yet, but it was T E R R I B L E.

a co-worker told me it was the single worst movie he has ever seen.

The comic it is based on is much cooler. Instead of some gay fraternity of assassins or whatever, it is a group of supervilians who have murdered all the superheros of the world and taken control of the world. some of the villains are really funny too, like Shithead who is made of the shit of the 666 most evil people on earth and Johnny two-dicks. The man himself is not a supervilian, but his giant cock is.

Juno: this movie sucks sucks sucks. It doesnt even deserve the energy to expound upon that - it just sucks

That said, I saw Eastern Promises about a month ago and it rules rules rules