Movies

if you want to see a crazy documentary ... check out DEAR ZACHARY (instant play on Netlfix if you have it).
you'll freak and want to throw shit at the screen in anger about 2/3 into it.
just seek it out ...

http://www.dearzachary.com/

i just finished watching it...just wow. I don't think i've ever been moved from tears to anger and back so many times in one film. It keeps you just on the edge of complete despair, its only respite being the infallible will of the two grandparents. Half way through you just know it's going to go the way it does, but when it comes it's still crushing. The whole thing just has an aura of complete emptiness around it even with all the people they touched. This one will definitely stay with me for awhile. Excellent recommendation

Thanks ... I do some work for Oscilloscope Pictures and I saw quite a few great documentaries because of them, but this one was the best.
I honestly did not see what was coming towards the end but it did not left me feeling empty however as the grandparents were just amazing.
Brutally strong people.

i just finished watching it...just wow. I don't think i've ever been moved from tears to anger and back so many times in one film. It keeps you just on the edge of complete despair, its only respite being the infallible will of the two grandparents. Half way through you just know it's going to go the way it does, but when it comes it's still crushing. The whole thing just has an aura of complete emptiness around it even with all the people they touched. This one will definitely stay with me for awhile. Excellent recommendation

I watched the film in two parts and unknowingly paused it right before the bombshell which was dropped an hour in. Upon the unveiling of this horrendous twist all the wind was sucked right out of me. Truly an emotional rollercoaster and one of the best documentaries I have ever seen. You'll laugh, you'll cry (almost came to tears half a dozen times), you'll be riddled with anger and torment. Keep all small objects away from hand's reach as you'll surely wish to break something. The two grandparents are an inspiration to anyone who has lost a loved one in such a vile manner. Lurch, you're still the RC film buff. Kudos.

I enjoyed The Descent but haven't seen The Ruins. Maybe I will try to se it on cable.

watched The Ruins last night on HBO ... not bad but the ending felt rushed, like their budget ran out or something.

all of you that enjoy docs ... go see FRONTRUNNERS, its on Netflix instant play as well ...

I saw The Ruins in the theater. :erk:
I only went because I want to pound Laura Ramsey.
That, and I like horror movies.

if you want to see a crazy documentary ... check out DEAR ZACHARY (instant play on Netlfix if you have it).
you'll freak and want to throw shit at the screen in anger about 2/3 into it.
just seek it out ...

http://www.dearzachary.com/

Wow. I finally checked the site. The trailer alone lets you know this is going to be a hell of a ride. I need to see this.

In other movie dissapointments, Hollywood has now officially declared that they are out of new ideas, so they are redoing "The Three Stooges" starring (you'd better sit down for this):

Sean Penn (Larry)
Jim Carrey (Curley)
Benicio del Toro (Moe)