Movies

couple nights ago i saw Vargtimmen / Hour of the Wolf

i thought i was gonna dislike it at first, started off a bit dull but picked up within the first 10 minutes and blew me way by the end!

Martyrs looks damn brutal. Must seek it out.

I'm pretty sure it just got an uncut Region 1 release, so shouldn't be too hard for you to find. It's a bit arthouse, and a bit nasty horror, and incredibly bleak. Director was a really nice guy though, apparently he made the movie in order to cope with what amounted to a nervous breakdown and subsequent depression.

If you like your horror movies nasty can I also suggest you seek out Mum & Dad. It's a (very) low budget UK movie, very weird, and quite nasty in terms of atmosphere. A bit like a British working-class version of Texas Chainsaw Massacre-style mad family stuff.

I was not into Sepultura at that time period although I borrowed Chaos A.D. from my brother when it came out. Anyway, I assumed it was them, as I saw them in the credits, but I wanted to be sure.

watched milk last night, it was well done but the overall arc of the story sort of felt more documentary-like than dramatic...also if you're not familiar with the events around the assassination to begin with i felt like it didn't make it clear enough. jerry would love this one.

I'm pretty sure it just got an uncut Region 1 release, so shouldn't be too hard for you to find. It's a bit arthouse, and a bit nasty horror, and incredibly bleak. Director was a really nice guy though, apparently he made the movie in order to cope with what amounted to a nervous breakdown and subsequent depression.

If you like your horror movies nasty can I also suggest you seek out Mum & Dad. It's a (very) low budget UK movie, very weird, and quite nasty in terms of atmosphere. A bit like a British working-class version of Texas Chainsaw Massacre-style mad family stuff.

thanks for those recos Russell ...
did you see INSIDE by any chance?

Speaking of which, I just got back from the Castro. Good food down there. Gays make the best food.

watched milk last night, it was well done but the overall arc of the story sort of felt more documentary-like than dramatic...also if you're not familiar with the events around the assassination to begin with i felt like it didn't make it clear enough. jerry would love this one.

did the guy have another way to go but gay with a last name like Milk?

Rourke got robbed

YES MAN ... fucking sucked!

You didn't laugh once? I guffawed a good half a dozen times and truly felt that this was a return to form for Carrey, who excluding Eternal Spotless..., has been stuck in an abyss of mediocrity since Dumb & Dumber. Bonus points for featuring two bars I've frequented myself several times.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine = If you like the shitty X-Men films, you'll love this. Hugh Jackman puts on a quality performance, but the storyline is pure comic book drivel. I winced at the atrocious cinematography displayed in the opening scene with Logan as a young child. The ending with Deadpool was about as climatic as jerking off to Angela Lansbury, ie not at all.

Solaris = Watched ten minutes, became overwhelmed with ennui.

Gabriella Fox in Bad Girls; This hot latina rides the bologna pony with all fours off the ground. Siskel's dead corpse gives it two thumbs up.

i thought YES MAN felt totally forced ... Carrey's real funny days are binhd him much like Eddie Murphy's. There were some laughs, but overall it was blah

which SOLARIS did you try to watch?

X-Men Origins: Wolverine = If you like the shitty X-Men films, you'll love this. Hugh Jackman puts on a quality performance, but the storyline is pure comic book drivel. I winced at the atrocious cinematography displayed in the opening scene with Logan as a young child. The ending with Deadpool was about as climatic as jerking off to Angela Lansbury, ie not at all.
hmm is there at least the spraying blood and dismemberment you would expect from a newly-clawed and pissed off wolverine? or is it all gay pg-13 style?

man that sucks, this one sounded like it had potential. hopefully these hollywood producers will look at Watchmen and see you can have a violent R rated comic book movie and it will still take in obscene millions at the box office. sure they cost obscene millions to produce, but in the end they're still + in the millions. fuck the kids, they can sneak in/wait for the dvd. more blood and gore like the actual comics have!! how about a spiderman movie where venom and carnage tear people up instead of peter parker crying for 3 hours!?