Movies

thanks for those recos Russell ...
did you see INSIDE by any chance?

No worries, hope you enjoy! I've not seen Inside, no. It's not been released here, and while I've heard good things, none have been good enough to inspire a blind buy of an import. Is it worth it?

France is coming out with some strong horror films at the moment - with that, the Alexandre Aja stuff, Ils, Martys, Sheitan, and Frontiere(s), I'm intrigued to see what they do next!

Edit: Oh, and not a horror movie, but the French film Tell No One is very good, if nobody has mentioned it thus far in this thread :)

keanu.0.0.0x0.400x500.jpeg

I've lined up quite a few movies to watch

Miracle at St Anna
Australia
Body of Lies
Dead Snow (German nazi zombies terrorizing norway!)
Lakeview Terrace
Quarantine
The Wrestler

Oh, nice call, Matt!
My brother used to sum up Keanu Reeves's acting by quoting one line from Dracula: "Doctor!"

Saw two movies on On Demand recently.
Bruiser: I remember seeing this in the video store (remember those?) in 2000 or something and thought it looked like shit. Well, I'm here to tell you it is. George Romero sucks, honestly.

Idle Hands: Not sure how I missed this back in 1999. I think I remember the title but I think I hated anything with Seth Green in it at the time. I can't remember. It was 10 fucking years ago. That said, it's not bad. Has some funny parts...and boobies. It's also able to maintain a creepy atmosphere for about half the movie and then it kinda devolves into the low-budget horror-comedy that it really is. Five stars for Jessica Alba's perfect body though.

Edit: Oh, and not a horror movie, but the French film Tell No One is very good, if nobody has mentioned it thus far in this thread

watched this ... very cool and kept me going, however I was not sold on the main character for some reason. Story was great though!