Movies

ok this movie was complete shite ... i was expecting something completely different. The story was pretty harrowing but the execution by the director was total crap.

I agree the directing was pretty TV-style, but I still found the entire thing pretty powerful, despite of any issues I had with the style of the direction.

lurch70 said:
watched this ... very cool and kept me going, however I was not sold on the main character for some reason. Story was great though!

A very solid story indeed, and great characters, I think that's what sold the movie for me. I found it a grower, having seen it once I wanted to see it again. I didn't have any problems with the main character, althought he was definitely an unlikely action-kinda guy. Glad you enjoyed it though.

lurch70 said:
can I handle both in one weekend?

They're quite different, but it would certainly be a weekend of slightly fucked up movies... Let me know what you think when you check them out!

The Wrestler....loved it as a drama. The Hardcore match was brutal, the meat slicer was gross, it had heart and most important............

Marisa Tomei gets naked several times.

I attempted to watch Fanboys, I got 30 minutes in only to turn it off in disgust. It was like watching a big screen version of That 70's Show set in the 90's. The showdown with the trekkies, followed by a pit stop at a Navajo Indian Queer Bar, probably looked good on paper, but failed in execution. Mediocrity destroyed the death star. Unless you're Wolftribe or Opeth17 steer clear!

LA HAINE ... I should have enjoyed this a lot more than I did considering the subject matter, grit and that I am a Vicent Cassel fan .. but for some reason i could not sit through it all. It was just too loud and filled with nonsense dialog. Beautifully shot though.

haine04.jpg

I attempted to watch Fanboys, I got 30 minutes in only to turn it off in disgust. It was like watching a big screen version of That 70's Show set in the 90's. The showdown with the trekkies, followed by a pit stop at a Navajo Indian Queer Bar, probably looked good on paper, but failed in execution. Mediocrity destroyed the death star. Unless you're Wolftribe or Opeth17 steer clear!

I enjoyed it, actually... and I'm not really that much of star wars fan.

Really though, for most, if you don't like star wars, it probably won't work. :lol:

Its pretty much a movie for fanboys by fanboys, hence the title.