Movies

Have Fanboys as well. Will that keep me awake? :loco:

This may be the worst movie I've seen in two years. I made a pact with myself a couple years ago never to sit through a shitty movie again. I'll allot 30 minutes to be grabbed by the work before I make the decision to either withdrawal or proceed. This film did not make it to Stage 2, absolutely atrocious! Only recommended for fans of WitTR who wish to see their guitarist's big screen debut. The Dark Knight on the other hand is like a pint of warm Sumatra Extra Bold. A completely captivating action film that leaves all cartoonish overtones of it's 90's predecessors at the door. It's closer to watching Mission Impossible or the Bourne Identity, than it is to Iron Man and all that other Marvel superhero CaCa.

Watching Benjamin Button...turned it off for the night, halfway through...I'll continue it tomorrow. So far, it isn't anything great.

Trying to create another Forrest Gump type movie but failing.

Watching Benjamin Button...turned it off for the night, halfway through...I'll continue it tomorrow. So far, it isn't anything great.

Trying to create another Forrest Gump type movie but failing.

i turned it off 40 minutes into it as well. what crap that was. super fail.

Iron Maiden - Flight 666

9/10.
It doesn't get a 10 because I had wanted to see like 20 more hours of backstage footage. Compared to Some kind of monster, it doesn't really give you much of an insight into the psyche of the band. Or maybe it's just me that knows my Maiden all too well.

forced to go to the drive-in on Saturday with friends --

Terminator 4 - gay as hell..fell asleep
Obsessed - queer but somehow held my interest, but that could have been the pot

The Reader - boring
What The Bleep Do We Know?! - shut it off after the first ten minutes when they tried saying the Native Americans couldn't actually see the ships coming in off the ocean because they never seen them before. Seriously, come on. I thought I was actually getting some good quantum physics documentary.
The Visitor - pretty decent
Taken - alright, I guess...these kind of movies make me roll my eyes a lot.
Bride Wars - was suckered into seeing this one with the fiance...what a piece of absolute shit. She even thought so.

I hate movies.

What The Bleep Do We Know?! - shut it off after the first ten minutes when they tried saying the Native Americans couldn't actually see the ships coming in off the ocean because they never seen them before. Seriously, come on. I thought I was actually getting some good quantum physics documentary.

I'm surprised you thought What the Bleep Do We Know would be a good movie about quantum physics, but anyways, I'm glad you didn't like it. I read some reviews of it, and it's just laughable.

I've never even heard of that movie. Wtf are they talking about couldn't see the ships because they've never seen them before? Is this another instance of some clown trying to transpose the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle on a scale other than sub-atomic?

Yes and no, they are trying to make a connection between quantum mechanics and consciousness/spirituality. Laughable really.

The ships thing is a huge 'misquote' or exaggeration.

Yesterday I watched a couple of things with my girlfriend, though one isnt really a movie:

Inquisition/Merrimack live in Padova, Italy 2005 bootleg ... Inquisition tore it up as usual, Merrimack sounded solid but nothing compared to what came before them. didn't notice them being overweight like that at HC3. also noted - shirtless Inquisition guys are not very pretty.

Bergman's Nattvardsgästerna/"Winter Light": Wow, this was one of the slowest, most dry movies I've ever seen. I was totally bored/falling asleep for the first bit, then it started to pick up, getting really interesting and dealing with some serious metaphysical issues like the silence of God/a pastor questioning and abandoning his faith. Great cinematoraphy, acting and dialogue as usual. Must watch again with a pot of coffee.

Yes and no, they are trying to make a connection between quantum mechanics and consciousness/spirituality. Laughable really.

The ships thing is a huge 'misquote' or exaggeration.

Spirituality? the fuck?

Anyhow, every interpretation of quantum physics involves consciousness. You should know this.

It's just the shit they were pulling out of their asses within them first ten minutes were uber-dumb.

Recently watched
Pom Poko with Demilich of course, Studio Ghibli brilliance has yet to disappoint me
Midnight Meat Train - gruesome enough, but cheap thrills at best
Lucio Fulci's Don't Torture a Duckling - pretty decent horror/mystery