Movies

Drag Me to Hell
Awesome. Pretty much Evil Dead 4 but without the Bruce, which is forgivable, but only because it's not officially called Evil Dead 4. There were some slow parts but the hilarity made up for them

The Hangover. I hate to hype it for those who have yet to see it, but it's definitely one of the best comedies of all-time, and hands down the best comedy in the last five years.

Zod

Role Models is much funnier. The Hangover gained 4 half assed chuckles from me. It was thoroughly entertaining throughout, but far from laugh out loud. Ken Jeung stoled the show as Mr. Chow.

Saw transformers 2 yesterday, cheesiest crap whic continued from the first one, and then today bought the 72 version of last house on the left, gran torino and the departed

Role Models is much funnier. The Hangover gained 4 half assed chuckles from me. It was thoroughly entertaining throughout, but far from laugh out loud. Ken Jeung stoled the show as Mr. Chow.
I spent the entire moving laughing out loud, and we didn't even have a crowd to laugh with. I think there were 6 other people in the theater.

I totally dug Role Models, but just don't think it's in the same league as The Hangover.

By the way, Underworld: Rise of the Lycans, cool flick. Better than the second, almost as good as the first.

Zod

Transformers 2 is probably the worst movie made in the last 30 years.

My review:

----
The first movie wasn't horrible... it was amusing at least and wasn't a complete insult to both the viewer's intelligence and the art of film making itself.

Bad editing plagued this film... And the god damn camera work. Did Michael J Fox suddenly become a cinematographer? I couldn't focus on a god damn thing on the screen because it was constantly shaking.

3/4's of the scenes in the movies were completely unneeded as well. For instance

(spoilers ahead in this section for the 1 dude who actually cares)

when the decepticons were "invading" earth, did we really need to keep skipping over to france to see the mother and father eating lunch? And they didn't just do it one fucking time, they did it like 5 god damn times. "Oh hey, look, a mime.

( nothing but light spoilers now )

I honestly can't believe that there is an editor working in the industry who took a look at this film in it's current state and said "yep, that's the edit we want!". I surely hope someone who worked on the post-production end of the movie spoke up to Bay and company and said "Hey... maybe we don't need an hour and a half of scenes that have nothing to do with the movie. Also, maybe we should cut down a bit on the introduction of characters who are never seen, and have absolutely no purpose in the movie. At least they didn't try to flesh these characters out. Could you imagine 10 more minutes of Mudflap and Skids? And the transitions between areas... in the matter of seconds we'd be going from a god damn industrial area into the middle of a forest, or from the middle of the desert to a small village road being chased by cops. And why the fuck did Megan Fox have to keep changing clothes? In the first 15 minutes of the movie she's litterally in 3 different sets of clothing. And she was only in 7 of those god damn minutes. AND SHE CHANGES CLOTHES IN ONE OF THE SCENES. Eye candy is cool and all, but have a little fucking tact.

And then the edit's in the action sequences. Extending the movie's already extreme length even more are the wonderfully cliche slow-motion sequences. 1 or 2 are reasonable, but every 15 seconds per action sequence...

SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW------MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AUUUUUUTOOOOOO BOOOOOOOT FLIIIIIIIIP.

Then we have the dialog. Right off the bat, with the mother whining about her kid going to college. What the fuck was that? And the pot brownies? Jesus christ... that was just. I felt the shame the writing staff for the movie must have felt watching that scene. I really did. I started apologizing to the person next to me on behalf of the writing staff.

And the fucking "jokes". DOGS FUCKING LOL! MEGAN FOX SAYS SHAFT LOL! DOGS FUCKING AGAIN LOL! my pals CAN'T READ LOL!(seriously, that's really one of the "jokes") A SMALL ROBOT HUMPING MEGAN FOXS LEG LOL! RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM DISCUSSION WHILE BEING CHASED BY DEADLY SHIT LOL! my pals HAVE BAD TEETH LOL! (I'm not fucking around, that's really another "joke").

I can only hope that this film shall be forgotten in time so that future generations may not judge us on it.

----

For further information on this peice of shit, and more reasoning for why you should never watch this movie, see this faq:

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2009/06/bonus_robs_transformers_2_faqs.php

The Hangover. I hate to hype it for those who have yet to see it, but it's definitely one of the best comedies of all-time, and hands down the best comedy in the last five years.

Zod

I enjoyed this very much as well. Zack Gilafanakas or however you spell it totally stole the show. He is so goddamn weird and awkward it is great.

Watched Mulholland Drive for the first time the other night. Me afterward-->:err: Did a little internetting and it makes much more sense now and I kinda want to watch it again.

Killshot- decent flick. Nothing amazing, but Mickey Rourke is a badass.

Year One- Stupid Jack Black comedy that is moderately amusing if you don't expect anything great when you go in to it.

Transformers The Movie- This 1986 animated feature was a blast from the past for me when I watched it last week. I have seen neither of the Bay movies and I am told this one is better than them both. The movie is full of awful 80's "metal" ballads and so-bad-it's-funny dialogue and it is great.

Aurel have you seen the Hurt Locker yet? I have this here shit dled on to my hd, but the characters seem extremely douchy in this trailer, making me hesitant to click play. Rave reviews though, 95% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, yeah, the trailer looks like some bad Lifetime movie ... but I read great reviews everywhere about it also.

but I really don't have time to watch movies ever again [/dorian]