Movies

Sunshine was fucking great. District 9 was awesome too. Inglorious Bastards was great too. But .....I saw Dead Snow......if you havent you need to. Look it up. One theater in Tulsa showed it a total of three times. Sold out every time.

Dead Snow was actually playing on Pay-Per-View here for a while. They've recently begun having independednt films on there in addition to the standard fare. It was an extra $2 but it was well worth it. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Nothing groundbreaking but, like was mentioned earlier, some good kills and...well...Nazi zombies.

Russell you are the man, printing this list :kickass:

Hope you don't rabidly disagree when you watch them!

and in particular was crossing my fingers that The Descent II wouldn't be absolutely terrible. Phew.

Russell: Glad to hear that The Descent: Part II isn't just a lame rehash of the original

Don't get me wrong, it is a rehash - there's little of much originality in there, but it is a well done rehash. Certainly better than most of the crap being released in the horror world :cool:

but really disappointed to hear that Giallo is a bag of shite... I've always been a fan of Argento. Ah well.

It was so shit it spoiled my brain. Great to watch with a group of friends and a lot of beer though. FYI.

Isn't this censored to some extent un the US?

Big WTF from me but I didn't find it that bad (many people did).

"Chaos reigns" :lol:

Isn't this censored to some extent un the US?

Big WTF from me but I didn't find it that bad (many people did).

"Chaos reigns" :lol:

I don't think its censored. I have to get in a mood to see it.

Watched OBSERVE AND REPORT ... what crap.
Seth Rogen really overstayed his comedic welcome. What possibly can he do now that he did a shitload of comedies in the last 5 years playing basically himself.
Ray Liotta ruled in a scene where he just berates him.
I really need to revisit NARC one of these days.

did anyone see ANTICHRIST yet?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0870984/

i heard good things about it and need an RC opinion.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2009/09/tiff_2_antichrist_redux.html
I did.
It's a really decent movie, really. I'm not sure if I should call it good or bad, but it's definitely better than bad. There are only two actors in the whole movie. And the scenes and moment, they way it's been operated is goddamn beautiful... Like each shot from the movie could be printed out and be considered as a great photo... But there are also some scenes that you'd prefer not to see. And the main thing for me - I didn't understand it... I mean - I tried to catch the lines and got some facts and all, but didn't understand the whole meaning, also didn't really understand why the movie is actually named like that. Please tell me what you think when you watch it, - I'd like to have a clue whats the idea of this film.

Interesting, I'll certainly have to try and watch the film somehow. Lars von Trier certainly has an unusual style, as anyone who has seen his Dogme 95 films can attest. Does "Antichrist" follow in the vein of his Dogme projects, or is it something else altogether?

STAR TREK 2009 ... first ST movie I have watched from beginning to end and actually enjoyed.

It really had an old school vibe to it. There were even some scenes that reminded me of stuff from SW IV & V