Movies

Interesting, I'll certainly have to try and watch the film somehow. Lars von Trier certainly has an unusual style, as anyone who has seen his Dogme 95 films can attest. Does "Antichrist" follow in the vein of his Dogme projects, or is it something else altogether?

No, Von Trier seems to have dropped all the aesthetic restrictions of the Dogme 95 manifesto for this one - extreme slow-motion, black and white sections, odd little dream sequences and painterly compositions abound.

Zombieland is delightful, highly recommended. It starts out in, of all places, the ghetto Dallas suburb of Garland. Hilarious.

Just saw Zombieland on a date(!), and it was fucking ace. Bill Murry was great and the zombie kills were ace.

finally watched ANTICHRIST ...
I was expecting a powerful punch and it was in some sense ... but not nearly as memorable as MARTYRS for example. Of course these are completely different movies, but I was expecting something that would get under my skin more than this did.

I could not help but think about Dafoe as Christ in The Last Temptation of Christ and wonder if it had anything to do with choosing him for this role.

watched ong-bak 2 last night...great fight scenes, but the plot makes even less sense than your average foreign martial arts flick. if i'd been drinking it would have been better, as it is the first one was way better. the fight scenes really were fucking great though.

Anyone remotely interested in Lovecraft and/or good horror movies needs to see Dagon immediately.

It is unruly as god damn fuck.

so after sleeping on it ... I deem Antichrist pretty fucking genius. Every frame begs to be dissected.