Movies

I did see it, but don't remember it for being anything great.
Must have rented it after watching IRREVERSIBLE to check out other Noe flicks.

holy shit was PARANORMAL ACTIVITY utter crud.

I am ashamed to be in marketing as a career after this overhyped piece of shit. I mean you have to be 15 and have no prior exposure to even mild thrillers to be scared from this movie.

No way.

Scariest movie of all time? No. But it was definitely creepy and dark. What about the part with the hoof prints? How is that not scary/creepy?

I have no idea what's scary to you ... but for me these ghost tales have more effect in an episode of Hauntings on A&E ...
this was just badly executed.
I mean if you look at the trailer again, you will see every single supposed scary moment right in it. Including the "footsteps" scene.

I was held in suspense though in wait for the chick to show us her rack ... :loco:

there are obviously 2 very divided camps on this movie all over the internet.
for me it didn't work at what it wanted it to achieve ... there was no punchline ...I had the same feeing in the first 5 minutes of the movie as in the end. It didn't put me through any emotions (except anger :loco: )
i saw Hitchcock's Psycho when I was around 10 years old ... that scared the shit out of me then, but it does not now ...

deep rooted psychological thrillers freak me out nowadays ... like Antichrist did recently.

I am never at all freaked out by horror movies and I thought Paranormal Activity was excellent. Maybe it was my lack of sleep, but the movie definitly scared me more than any other horror movie in recent memory. I felt very uncomfortable and uneasy the whole way through and even after the movie had ended. I thought it was great. With the rash of shit slasher/ gore horror movies flooding the market these days, I thought this was a welcome change.

Edit: also, has anyone seen the trailer for the movie version of The Road? Looks great to me.

yes lurch i recommend it. Science fiction with great atmosphere, a good performance by rockwell, and good pacing. Not the usual science fiction cliches as well.