Movies

oh man ... all of you have to check this out
http://www.goodhairmovie.net/site/

there is a little bit to love and hate in it for everyone here.

all you long hairs and racists will especially be delighted. :lol:
OK I don't really have an explanation as to why I watched this far, but wtf shirt????????
wtfshirt.jpg

ZOMBIELAND was cool ... but felt somehow "unfinished" ... I guess that's what sequels are for.

Holy shit was INGLORIOUS BASTERDS amazing! ... I never thought Tarantino still had it in him ... his best shit since Dogs.
This fucker is great at building tension.

This is the first major movie that Hollywood has churned out to garner my attention since Public Enemies. If it's anywhere near the quality of No Country for Old Men then I'm/we're in for a treat. Vitto usually fails to disappoint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wife and kids are out of town so last night after work at freaking midnight I tried to find something to do and all that was on OnDemand was Hostel. Shit. I'd seen this before. It's pretty much crap. Should've just gone to bed. Whatever. Eli Roth would do well to be in his movies more. The one second he was in Hostel was probably the best part of the entire movie. His character in Cabin Fever stole the show. "Yeah.....he's a professor.....of being a dog. OH FACED!"

This is the first major movie that Hollywood has churned out to garner my attention since Public Enemies. If it's anywhere near the quality of No Country for Old Men then I'm/we're in for a treat. Vitto usually fails to disappoint.

this trailer looks very promising until they stumble upon those "people" ... then it just looks shit.

so none of you skirts saw Basterds yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
I put Basterds on my Netflix queue after Lurch's initial post.

Even though I have had the same 2 dvd's just sitting on my stand for the past 1.5 months. Football season kills all the movie time for me.

you're better off ... get the 2 at a time plan for like 8 bucks and it gets you access to their very quickly growing online library, which you can watch anytime.

Basterds was really good, but i think it may have diminished replay value somehow...the action parts were great and really intense, but there were too few of them, and too much reading subtitles in between and french puns that i dont get because i dont speak french. it seems like it might be kinda boring on repeat viewings, Tarantino is falling waaay too in love with his dialog lately. same problem as with Deathproof, though IB is definitely a better film (even with no Kurt Russell).

fuck the action scenes, the 6 or so interogation scenes MADE the movie.
the basement meetup one with the german actress was brilliant.

The Road was definately among the best books I have ever read, and it's being directed by John Hillcoat, who's amazing, if you haven't seen The Proposition then definately get it, written by Nick Cave and directed by Hillcoat. Also, Nick Cave and Warren Ellis are providing the soundtrack for the road, I bought it recently and it's goddamn amazing...
Basically this group of people can do no wrong as far as I am concerned. Especially Cormac McCarthy.