Movies

EXTRACT ... never really thought Jason Bateman was funny until this.

Mike Judge, love the guy, but all his flicks lack that last 20% to make them great. It really annoys me but I can't put my finger of what it is.

I thought that movie was pretty boring with some decent parts. It just seemed to me like it started, some shit I didn't care much about happened and it ended. Nothing seemed of much consequence.

Anyone checking out AVATAR?

The reviews are praising it as the second coming of film making with immersive environments. The 21st Centurie's Star Wars ...
Its supposed to give you the WHOA effect the liquid metal T2 gave us.

Anyone checking out AVATAR?

The reviews are praising it as the second coming of film making with immersive environments. The 21st Centurie's Star Wars ...
Its supposed to give you the WHOA effect the liquid metal T2 gave us.

Thinking of checking this out in IMAX if only for the intense eye candy that is promised.

All I know about Avatar is that some professional linguist was hired to conlang up some whack language for the aliens with split-ergativity and that the phonological system includes ejectives.

Also apparently it has sex with blue skinned aliens who look like cats.

To quote TGD in regards to a really attractive female.

Me: "yeah, but she kind of looks like a mouse!"
TGD: "A mouse that I want to FUCK!"

I think the same goes for a blue cat that is humanoid.

shogun's samurai starring sonny chiba is a pretty solid historicalish samurai popcorn flick.

even has an appearance by toshiro mifune!

i had high expectations for lucio fulci's four of the apocalypse...supposed to be a gory and brutal western but it just ended up really boring, and the soundtrack (which sounded just like "a horse with no name" but even more pointless) did NOT help

avatar in 3d just blew my mind (visually atleast). the story i guess was kind of unoriginal but for what it's worth you get too look cool with glasses on for 2½ hours.

Stay away from Everything's Fine. I went in expecting a mediocre feel good comedy and left wanting to pop some prozac! There's nothing feel good about this downer. Probably looked good on paper, but exuded cheese in it's execution. Some knuckleheads in the audience were even feigning snoring during the climax. (To which I wasn't offended, as it really did seem to plod along.)

Tell me that this trailer doesn't look feel good? (Also, this was the top option in theaters atm, that's how fucking abysmal Hollywood has become.)

Last edited by a moderator: