Movies

having slept on it, THE SOCIAL NETWORK reinforced that:

- great ideas can be born out of "anything"
- the gazilionaires of this world have not become so because of the quest for money
- surrounding yourself with the right people AND being at the right place at the right time is key

and finally

- wanting pussy is always at the core of man doing crazy shit.

TRUE GRIT ... a fine western, but again ... there is some overhype here I don't get.

and how can this possibly be the most successful movie for the Coen Brothers $ wise when they made a shitload of much better movies?

Coen movies are generally considered too artsy for the mainstream...with the possible exception of True Grit.
I mean, has anyone seen A Serious Man? Aside from *me*, that is?

well it's definitely their most "straight" movie. there wasn't even a remote hint that it was made by them.

i don't know, looks like last year's movie lineup sucked big time.

I tried to watch A Serious Man, did not have any interest in that film at all..I think some of their filmss are just complete hit or miss for me

thanks I'll skip it then.

what's totally underrated from them is INTOLERABLE CRUELTY ... from what I remember I was laughing my ass off most of the time.

iiiiiiiinteresting....I recall it being criticized as one of the worst movies ever

*logs onto Netflix*

i don't think this is the same bollywood flick as above ... but THIS RULES!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i thought inception was pretty predictable, trite and dumb, actually

and not at all as visually impressive as i was led to believe
yeh it was okaaay. i agree it was predictable, and i didnt ever really feel any danger or suspense for the characters, no real twists or surprises from the plot, and the visuals were good but not mind-blowing. definitely over-rated.

I couldn't help but laugh every 20 minutes when the movie panned back to the van falling ever so closer to the water. Far too convoluted for the pay off. Still enjoyable, but nothing to fappingly laud.

Saw Black Swan last night. Was a good film, but I guess the hype preceded it a bit, and I left somewhat disappointed. The lesbian scene didn't quite have the motivational effect on the lady-friend I had hoped it would.

Watched The Other Guys today. Man was that shit. Ridiculous at best, with a few cringe-worthy moments of humour. At least Eva Mendes is hot.

finally got around to see ACROSS 110th STREET ... fantastic. I thought it was going to be cheesy blaxploitation but it was great stuff. Right up there with MEAN STREETS.
can't believe I haven't watched this earlier.

did anyone see PANIC IN NEEDLE PARK?

i saw WINTER'S BONE yesterday and it is a good movie that i recommend to people who are into good movies. thanx.

I rented A Single Man based on the Netflix blurb. It said something about a man who learns to deal with the loss of this lover of 16 years. They failed to mention the lover is another dude.

i saw WINTER'S BONE yesterday and it is a good movie that i recommend to people who are into good movies. thanx.

try also FROZEN RIVER ... similar style but much better IMHO

They failed to mention the lover is another dude.

:lol: ... i thought that was common knowledge about this flick.