Movies

BABEL ... what a completely useless excercise in repeatedness ... Inaritu has managed to make the same movie 3 times now. wtf? and still being praised as a visionary?

Amores Perros, 21 Grams and now Babel ...

Amores Perros still stands high above the rest.

so did anyone see BIUTIFUL or wat. it's inarritus latest i think, i thought although slightly pretentious at times, watching it was time well spent generally and it was sometimes thought-provoking. then again i thought babel was really good and didn't see amores perros nor 21 grams, so what do i know. i can say it's certainly not a repeat of babel this time

i'm the absolute worst at movie reviews. this is me: "this movie was good. i liked this movie because i enjoyed watching this movie. it was fun and i liked it very much. :popcorn:"

man, TAKE ME HOME TONIGHT .... great retro HS movie. best I have seen since DAZED AND CONFUSED.

so did anyone see BIUTIFUL or wat. it's inarritus latest i think, i thought although slightly pretentious at times, watching it was time well spent generally and it was sometimes thought-provoking. then again i thought babel was really good and didn't see amores perros nor 21 grams, so what do i know. i can say it's certainly not a repeat of babel this time

i'm the absolute worst at movie reviews. this is me: "this movie was good. i liked this movie because i enjoyed watching this movie. it was fun and i liked it very much. :popcorn:"

Javier Bardem won an award for it, and he probably actually deserved them! I'd love to see it sometime

edit: ok he didn't win, my memory is a joke

hahhha ... INSIDIOUS ... first hour was kind of cool, creepy and promising. then it turned into something made by Troma Films ... it was like 2 different directors working on it.

PA-tetic.

on a similar note, Hobo With A Shotgun arrived from netflix the other day, and i must say i quite enjoyed it! pretty much lived up to my expectations of ludicrous gore and nothing but over-the-top scumbags treating each other horribly! highly recommended to all lovers of gore/exploitation/trashy fun!

Hobo was great .. and there is nothing wrong with Troma ... just wasn't expecting it.
heck I even had a job interview once at Troma

Joy Ride: hadn't seen it since it came out...good, fun flick.....LOVE how it was before mobile phones were ubiquitous and the characters had to stop to find pay phones. I miss those days.