Movies

Jackass 3: meh. The one good skit was the "High Five" and that was at the beginning. The rest was 90 minutes of boredom. Although, the chick in "Really Bad Grandpa" was hella hot.

Is everyone here only interested in watching shitty hollywood films? Not that they're all shitty, but most are. Watched Jean Cocteau's Beauty and the Beast (1946) last night. PERFECT film. Everyone here would really appreciate it I believe.

Cocteau knew how to weave beauty out of five seconds dwelling on a face, his camera work has an unreal depth to it, greatly enhanced by his trademark blurry black and white. Watch Orphée if you haven't. One of the greatest movies of all time.

And while you're into little known, b/w masterpieces set your sights on Robert Bresson's Diary of a Country Priest. A deeply moving story, despite (or in part thanks to) its bleak atmosphere and austere direction. I've never seen an actor more deserving of pity than Claude Laydu in that film. If I saw someone in the street with the same rueful face he pulls throughout the entire movie I'd definitely give him a brotherly hug and possibly a kiss on the forehead to boot.

Day of the Dead (2008)
I rather liked this. Charmingly bad.
I also like how Mena Suvari went from near-stardom in American Beauty to B-movie horror remakes in less than 10 years

Hobo With A shotgun, Rubber, Black Death, 13 Assassins, and I Saw THe DEvil were all great. I liked Captain America alot too but Green Lantern was pretty Meh.

Oh and The Joneses on netflix with Demi Moore and David Duchovny was pretty good too. Gary Cole ( Office Space/ Entourage) was great.

Yah....watched The Joneses awhile back. I liked it.

I saw something similar a few years ago called "Community" from the TV series Fear Itself featuring Brandon Routh. I thought it was pretty cool.

Hobo With A shotgun, Rubber, Black Death...were all great.
agreed on hobo and black death (though i wouldve liked the violence/gore to be a little more explicit in BD, they had a goddamn machine that cuts people in half and we didnt even get to see them use it!@#)

i thought Rubber had some potential but it got all bogged down in the non-message message, and by 3/4 i was like the people in the movie "just fuckin end already!" it was obviously trying to have some point, despite claims to the contrary.

Finally got around to watching Downfall, the movie with the scene that all of those funny Hitler rant videos on Youtube use. Great movie. If the depiction of Eva Braun is correct, gosh she was looney!

better late than never, Cara :)

127 Hours pretty good movie...artsy fartsy cinematography and whatnot

The King's Speech good shit

BAD TEACHER ... I laughed ... once.

Cameron Diaz really needs to take her top off in a flick.