Movies

i watched a documentary called WASTE LAND yesterday and it was very good

just a fyi

Watched Four Flies in Grey Velvet, a Dario Argento Giallo, and probably had the coolest-shot kill scene after Psycho. Worth the 8 bucks from Amazon just for that

Watched Four Flies in Grey Velvet, a Dario Argento Giallo, and probably had the coolest-shot kill scene after Psycho. Worth the 8 bucks from Amazon just for that

I'm a big Argento fan. I watch Inferno every Halloween as I feel no film is more bleak and haunted.

tried Argento numerous times and found his stuff a notch above a Troma flick ...
never understood the praise.

give me ONE flick of his that would convert me.

i think Mastodon and Argento have one thing in common ... they are snickering at their "fans"

I think if you see Suspiria, Inferno or Opera you should know where you stand..those are his horror films but his crime/thrillers(Giallo) are really amazing as well but don't go past Opera as his latest film as those are all crap haha..watch Tenebre, love the twist and a great film I think. Only film I don't think i've seen yet is Cat o' Nine Tails but I think it's laying around my house somewhere and I can't find it haha

I'm a big Argento fan. I watch Inferno every Halloween as I feel no film is more bleak and haunted.

That film is pretty underrated as well as Deep Red and sadly I haven't been able to watch his films in a long time..but will now finally be able to revisit his whole early catalog. I love Halloween on Halloween, im a Carpenter junkie and with the music and the classic slasher feel to it, it can't be beat to my eyes

Anyone seen Trick 'R Treat? It would just not go away from my recommended section of Netshitz so I finally watched it and I like it. I did some research and several websites named it the best horror flick of the decade. I had no idea. Never even heard of it.
Anyway....something interesting I read was how it was filmed in Vancouver (seems like all my favorite movies/shows are filmed in either BC or Washington/Oregon) because Vancouver has such a "middle America look" to it hahahaha Well...no need to move there, then. I'll just buy a place in Illinois or some shitz for one-millionth the cost :lol:

I was so disappointed by The House of the Devil. I'm fine with slow movies, but that one was just boring. I didn't feel any tension, suspense, or anything. The last 15 or so minutes though, were great.

Ti West's first flick, The Roost, was much better.

I was so disappointed by The House of the Devil. I'm fine with slow movies, but that one was just boring. I didn't feel any tension, suspense, or anything. The last 15 or so minutes though, were great.

i felt completely the opposite way.
thought the mood and setup for most of the flick was great and was expecting a great payoff.

instead i got an Argento ending :loco:

I remember when his daughter came on the scene and was supposed to be the NEXT BIG THING and then she promptly disappeared