Movies

so that's what happened after they ccancelled Angel, and Furlong's career dsappeared after Terminator 2 and Tara Reid's boob slipped out at that awards ceremony. Nice.

Russell said:
Land Of The Dead (back to back with both Greg Nicotero and George A Romero in attendance, fantastic stuff!)

I'm still waiting for the UK release date, I originally thought it would be June like the U.S. and I burst a chop when I found out that it was Sept 9th instead.

Since then Ive had loads of time to read awful comments about it on the net, so Im a bit scared now, cause Romeros dead films (and zombie films in general) are like one of my main things. Then again, everyone seems to say Day is below-par and I think it's fucking ace

Mick Moss said:
I'm still waiting for the UK release date, I originally thought it would be June like the U.S. and I burst a chop when I found out that it was Sept 9th instead.

Since then Ive had loads of time to read awful comments about it on the net, so Im a bit scared now, cause Romeros dead films (and zombie films in general) are like one of my main things. Then again, everyone seems to say Day is below-par and I think it's fucking ace

23rd Sept now :) I wouldn't believe any of the awful comments. I did see it at a festival with a great audience, but even so, it's a good addition to the trilogy. the socio political themes are still there, and while it is without a doubt a modern zombie movie, it is enjoyable and well made. :)

Just saw you me and everyone else we know, and really enjoyed it. Pleasently quirky, Wes Anderson fans will probably appreciate it :)

adaptation

not nearly as good as eternal sunshine or being john malkovich, but still pretty cool. i didn't really like the last 20 minutes or so, but i'll probably end up watching this movie again someday so yeah. and stuff.

lost in translation = big fat win

finally made it through sin city, the first two attempts were during impromptu drinking sessions so it was like watching a whole new movie! really fucking good, i need to go back and read those books as it's been a long time since i have.

Russell said:
Also Lost In Translation. Didn't see what the fuss was about.

THat's because there really is nothing to see.

Saw Constantine last night. t was OK. A little weird and confusing at times, but not bad.

overnight

yeah troy duffy is kind of a dick, but but he got pretty fucked over by hollywood. like uh, everyone else i guess.

fucked over by hollywood? i don't think hollywood had anything to do with it ... he was handed money and opportunity on a plater ... he let it go to his head ... believing that he actually was a genius.

what the fuck did he write or come up with in almost 10 years after Boondock?

dude that bob weinsteinbergerstein dude dropped the ball on him, after that he became an untouchable in hollywood. granted, it's not like the movie ever became a tremendous hit but they built him up quickly then told him to fuck off before he even started filming. it's not like a feel bad for the dude or anything, but as usual, it always sucks to see how hollywood works. i really hate "the industry" if you couldn't tell already. :)

i don't know if he ever wrote anything else, he he was working on boondock saints ii awhile back but it looks to be in permanently stalled status.

weinstein gave him a million bucks and made him partners in that bar ... and that is just for the rights for the script ... which he got paid for.
i think weinstein put him on hold, not because Boondocks sucked as a script, but he must have had extended contact with the guy for the few months before production ... they were even going through some casting process already before it got shelved.

lets face it, the guy had no respect for anyone, hollywood or his own circle of friends.

One Inch Man said:
weinsteinbergerstein
bwahahahaha! classic. my brother used to jewify stingy people by adding "stein" to their name. it never stopped being funny.

ps: boondock saints sucked. terrible acting and a completely unoriginal, unbelievable idea/script. overnight is a great story about how something that was not good to begin with, *almost* became succesful but, at the last minute, got kicked back down to reality. saints = mediocre.

Million Dollar Baby

OK so I'm probably the last person on the planet to have seen it, but my word, it truly is a remarkable film. That's one of the few times where you think, yeah, those oscars were deserved, EPSECIALLY for Clint Eastwood as leading actor. Man, he outdid himself, and to think he also directed the flick and composed the music....

Next two films I MUST watch: Layer Cake and Old Boy.

JayKeeley said:
Million Dollar Baby

OK so I'm probably the last person on the planet to have seen it, but my word, it truly is a remarkable film.

I haven't seen it. My desire to watch it kinda dropped off when the ending was spoiled for me. Should I still see it knowing how it ends?

yes, MDB was a surprise ... as big a Scorsese fanboy as I am, and was pissed he lost the Oscar this year, AGAIN ... must say MDB was a much better movie then AVIATOR ... actually AVIATOR really sucked IMHO ...

Marty needs to go back and do some really simple charachter pieces like COLOR OF MONEY ... stop with these overblown period films.

Thanatopsis123 said:
I haven't seen it. My desire to watch it kinda dropped off when the ending was spoiled for me. Should I still see it knowing how it ends?

Oh yeah absolutely, it's too good to miss. I knew the ending too but this isn't like some mystery thriller where knowing the ending spoils the film (although I wouldn't go out of my way to tell people). This is all about the relationship/history/background of these unique characters coming together in a complete dive of a boxing gym. Clint Eastwood has lost his relationship with his daughter, and Hilary Swank has a pitiful, uncaring white trash family, and the two of them form this father/daughter bond through boxing....just brilliant stuff.

I remember reading a quote from Clint Eastwood when this film first came out. He said to the producers: "This film isn't going to make you much money, but you can be damn sure that you'll be proud to have it in your library". So true.