Movies

I saw "Hannibal" the other day.

I actually quite enjoyed it. It was wierd how the violence excited me. The whole time I really wanted Dr. Lecture to escape, murder, eat brains... and he did Whey! the ending was so good. It was a truely sick display that just made me happy where I think it was supposed to disturb me :err:. There's nothing that disturbing about it. that stoopid Cop deserved to have his own brain fed to him and the horrid ugly paedophile being eaten by pigs was sweet justice.

It was no where near as good as silence of the lambs though... but I didn't expect it to be :p.

King Chaos said:
I actually quite enjoyed it. It was wierd how the violence excited me. The whole time I really wanted Dr. Lecture to escape, murder, eat brains... and he did Whey! the ending was so good. It was a truely sick display that just made me happy where I think it was supposed to disturb me :err:.
Yeah! What's the most disgustingly disturbing movie you've ever seen? Or one that REALLY frightened you?
Mine I think was an old movie based on King's novel called "It".
I was really sick frightened.

Ha... Ichi the killer has shocking violence... but it's still funny so that's not the worst Ive seen.

Probabli this french film with an 11 minute anal rape scene is the worst thing Ive witnessed. The film is called "Irreversible" and is very good but not for the faint hearted!

"Visitor Q" which I saw reacently would have made me puke if I wasn't ready for it. Squirting milk, sexing with dead bodies... :yuk: :ill:

Also the final torture sequence in "Audition" is just mind blowingly violent. thats three Takeshi Miike films and all are likely to shock and disturb

The film "the Eye" Is very very scary. One scene involving a ghost a woman and an elevator that goes far too slowly disturbed me to high hell.

Lost movie i´ve seen was "My little eye". It was entertaining, and liked the way it was shot. Not too surpriseful though..

Speaking of Equilibrium, the most hilarious thing in the movie was the Finnish "translation" of its title: Cubic. :tickled:

And no, Cubic does not mean absolutely anything in Finnish. They could have just as well renamed the movie to Xlypthögr, and it would have made as much sense. Who the hell are these people, who invent these names???

-Villain

Villain said:
Speaking of Equilibrium, the most hilarious thing in the movie was the Finnish "translation" of its title: Cubic. :tickled:

I think it's a nordic release name, cos I saw that in the store here too.
Maybe they are trying to confuse people to buy it, thinking it's
Cube, since Cube is know to be a good movie, a lot of people might
be fooled by this ;)

King Chaos said:
(...)
Probabli this french film with an 11 minute anal rape scene is the worst thing Ive witnessed. The film is called "Irreversible" and is very good but not for the faint hearted! (...) "Visitor Q" which I saw reacently would have made me puke if I wasn't ready for it. Squirting milk, sexing with dead bodies... :yuk: :ill:
Also the final torture sequence in "Audition" is just mind blowingly violent. thats three Takeshi Miike films and all are likely to shock and disturb (...)
violent sex, perversion, torture... do you ever get frightened by sth more traditional?

No, It only excites me. The first horror I saw was Poltergeist 2 and It probabli the most effected by a film Ive ever been. My brother was in hospital too so I was at home alot and the creepy film was of course always on my mind...

I can't get scared by ghosts going "boo" any more and thats a shame because Horror is definately my favourite genre but it takes a hell of alot to freak me out now-a-days. Thats why I turned to Japaneze horror movies. They do it better than anyone. I cant wait to see "Ju On (the grudge)". I'm told it's one of the scariest movies ever. *Crosses fingers and wishes for a UK release*

King Chaos said:
I can't get scared by ghosts going "boo" any more and thats a shame because Horror is definately my favourite genre but it takes a hell of alot to freak me out now-a-days. Thats why I turned to Japaneze horror movies. They do it better than anyone. I cant wait to see "Ju On (the grudge)". I'm told it's one of the scariest movies ever. *Crosses fingers and wishes for a UK release*
The Japanese seem to know a lot about fright. Their movies are very dark and bloody (I've not seen many). Luckily they never feel inclined to include irony or funny references as the Americans do.

However, a good 'boo' can frighten me at best of times. I got frightened by Polthergeist, too.

I saw "Tatoo" tonight. Its a german serial killer movie. It was very artistic and had its disturbing and brutal moments but I couldnt relate to the characters in any way. I really didnt care about what was going on and I couldnt interact with the film at all. To be honest it bored the shit out of me. But in its defense it was very well shot and involved some beautiful cinematography.

Movies update!!!

@Rahvin: Its been a while but i finally found a Dahmer Movie, is and independent movie and is surprisingly not gory or anything, its a nice exploration if a little too humanistic for such a monster view of his life focusing on some particular crimes he did.

Movies i am into nowdays

Blue Velvet
Requiem for a Dream
Pi
Mulholland Drive ( and no i dont think its complicated at all, is just uncommon and a bit hard to follow but not that complex )

Misanthrope said:
@Rahvin: Its been a while but i finally found a Dahmer Movie, is and independent movie and is surprisingly not gory or anything, its a nice exploration if a little too humanistic for such a monster view of his life focusing on some particular crimes he did.
title title! me wanna see!

Mulholland Drive ( and no i dont think its complicated at all, is just uncommon and a bit hard to follow but not that complex )
i always need a certain friend to explain david lynch movies to me. :guh:

Misanthrope said:
I had no problem following it up until the first scene at Club Silencio. At that point I think you need to let go of the narrative and go along for the ride, so to speak.

Sole4Raziel said:
I had no problem following it up until the first scene at Club Silencio. At that point I think you need to let go of the narrative and go along for the ride, so to speak.
yet there seems to be an (almost) coherent explanation. i've been treated to a step-by-step "mulholland drive for dummies" over dinner once -- the often mentioned federico (screen name: alfred) is the genius who can understand lynch at first go -- and i must admit that in the end it made some sort of sense. i still think if you write something that can be shared instantly by about six people in the world there's something wrong with you. as in, like, you might be satan.

rahvin said:
yet there seems to be an (almost) coherent explanation. i've been treated to a step-by-step "mulholland drive for dummies" over dinner once -- the often mentioned federico (screen name: alfred) is the genius who can understand lynch at first go -- and i must admit that in the end it made some sort of sense. i still think if you write something that can be shared instantly by about six people in the world there's something wrong with you. as in, like, you might be satan.
I agree with your first sentence. If the last 30 minutes of the film tied the narrative together, I missed it, and continue to miss it. I suppose you could say I "gave up" after the Club Silencio scene. It terms of following the film before said scene, I can't really describe it other than deciphering the chronology as scenes occurred and attempting to predict what would occur with characters.

Is David Lynch satan? He's done more to my brain than my therapist was able to do, and she's not satan, therefore Lynch must be satan.

Sole4Raziel said:

Well going up for the ride is nice and disturbingly weird ( that is how i watch it at first ). But the second time you see it you start getting all the details that run all around and start making sense of the dream somehow and it gets more interesting. Then you watch it yet again and you finally put most of it togheter and you end up being even more disturbed than on the first watch.

The thing about lynch is that this EXACT SAME THING ( only change the disturbingly weird for disturbingly sick on the first line ) happened to me as i watched Blue Velvet.