mr.v's fans

rammpeth

Dec 12, 2005
i was wondering, which band "converts" or "has converted" the most people into Vintersorg fans,,,i was thinking maybe otyg or vintersorg but i dunno,,i mean,,out of all of them, in terms of commercial success and popularity, which is the biggest project?

No doubt Vintersorg is the biggest. But I got into Vintersorg through Otyg, the vocals mainly. And as I'm into progressive stuff I couldn't help but like Vintersorg.

A few other people I know also got into Vintersorg this way.

Hedniskhjärtad; Norrland - I was discovering Pagan Metal back then and this song really stroke me down. ;)

As I started to dive into progressive music, I naturally appreciated the newer V stuff, just when Visions was released.

As FrostbittenGrimness said, I discovered Vintersorg through Otyg.

I was searching for Folk Metal bands and many people told me about Otyg. I downloaded some songs and 7 days later I bought Sagovindars Boning. At the same time people told me about Till Fjälls and then I became addicted to mr.V music.

"curtains" and "dark matter mystery"!
I remember in an interview mr.v was saying that his bands sold "a couple of thousands here and there", thats not too shabby i think, given the type of underappreciated music it is

Manu SwordMaster said:
I went first through Borknagar... Then Vintersorg...

Same here...

speaking of microscopical macrocosm, good song until it turns into a pop song. When the electric guitars kick in later in the track, it became the first ever pop-metal song I had ever heard.

Vintersorg - Hediniskjartad , especially Stilla (the first I listened of Mr.v)
no so far I put my eyes and ears in Otyg. I already had listened Storm, Kampfar, Isengard, Enslaved, and a lot of Black metal too.(my favourite metal styles are Viking and Black metal) , I already knew Borknagar but Vortex was the vocalist, when was Released Empiricism I listened and y said .... ooohhhh!!!!! is Vintersorg!!!!!! and my head was blowed up!!!

Vintersorg isn't only a band, is a force and a feeling which I share... beyond the music i like Vintersorg because the songs say all I feel and the music is done in a way that you feel and understand the lyrics and the message even you don't understand it (I got translations from paa svensk done by a friend who lives in Sweden)...

in conclusion... Mr .V is a musical genius who can take the feelings of his heart and all thoughs from his mind translating them in a musical form call viking/black metal or progressive black metal , as you which.

I admire' im a lot for that

Nick_Perrin said:
Same here...

speaking of microscopical macrocosm, good song until it turns into a pop song. When the electric guitars kick in later in the track, it became the first ever pop-metal song I had ever heard.

I never felt like it was a metal song at all. I looveee that song no matter how poppy it may get.

rammstein was the first pop-metal group i heard.and i love all their albums except rosenrot. but yeah back on topic, i always wondered if bork or vintersorg had more following