Music 2012

There are two songs, one from Omega White and another from Alpha Noir, leaked already the band. I like the one from Omega White better. the deluxe edition with the extra CD will cost you a bit more. In this day of non legit downloads, You would think that the label would just release a standard version with two discs at a fair price as an incentive to buy - It doesn't really make sense.

I'll give the new Moonspell a chance as well. I think the only album of theirs I really didn't like was The Butterfly Effect. Wolfheart and Irreligous are definitely my favs.

No way, I say, The Butterfly Effect is gorgeous. They were really creative with that one, managing to experiment and still sound like Moonspell, truly dark and heavy. I'd give it another try, honestly.

The new Paradise Lost is really, really good. Reminds me of "Shades of God" mixed with the mid-tempo songs from "Draconian Times", with really solid songwriting. By far their best album since their "return to roots".

The new Paradise Lost is really, really good. Reminds me of "Shades of God" mixed with the mid-tempo songs from "Draconian Times", with really solid songwriting. By far their best album since their "return to roots".
I strongly disagree, it's not bad, but it sound way too much like a routine job, nothing really stands out. Too random. In Requiem was way better, I mean "Ash & Debris", "Never for the Damned", "Praise Lamented Shade", "Requiem", all fucking classics. FDU, DUU was also pretty good.

But I've heard the album 3 times now or so, so let's see if it's a grower.

They did. "Crucify" and "Honesty in death" were on the net.

I think he was talking about Storm Corrosion not PL. On the topic of storm corrosion, I can't see it being anything mindblowing or out of the ordinary from what the two bands have been doing recently. In fact, I'm sick of the hype being thrown all around all to sell a project/album no one has heard before (not very classy) . If it's actually good, I'll eat my words but if it sounds like the last Opeth at all zzzzzzzzzzz...

I strongly disagree, it's not bad, but it sound way too much like a routine job, nothing really stands out. Too random. In Requiem was way better, I mean "Ash & Debris", "Never for the Damned", "Praise Lamented Shade", "Requiem", all fucking classics. FDU, DUU was also pretty good.

But I've heard the album 3 times now or so, so let's see if it's a grower.

I guess we have different tastes then :) Tragic Idol is the first PL album that I've liked in its entirety since Symbol of Life. There were some great songs on the last three albums, but there was also a lot of really underwhelming filler, whereas with Tragic Idol I can honestly say that I enjoy every single song. Maybe it'll grow on you as well.

I didn't mention it in my initial list, but I'm really looking forward to the new Assemblage 23 album, which will be called Bruise. Some previews of the album are up now, and it is sounding like an excellent continuation from Compass.

If you haven't heard this band before, I highly recommend it. It's related to EBM and futurepop, kind of like VNV Nation, with some darker themes. I imagine some fans of Katatonia would like it.

mirroring - foreign body

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_QHo4oKOTA&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEUai6B1lkM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

I am actually interested in this. Sounds melodic and gothic yet modern. The way I like it...

But I am not interested in the heavy twin brother "Alpha Noir".

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with that, sometimes guitar of Greg sounds too digital for the musical underlay. With good old analogue sound it could be Icon pt. II.... a little weaker part, than Icon itself, but still good=)

Actually this Tragic Idol is the warmest sounding record they've ever made.
Honestly, everything is on the spot sound-wise. Specially the drums are right on the money.

Nothing about the new In Mourning? Think katatonia fines would like it alot

Just Ignore the "I'M GROWLING MAN!" faces.

not the highlight of the album at all either.

Last edited by a moderator: