Music like Isis, Neurosis, Pelican, Jesu

Perdition's Light

dinosaur jr.
Apr 5, 2004
I really enjoy these four bands and I was wondering if there any more bands like this that are both heavy and ambient...vocals not necessary.

Oh yeah I can dig some Sun 0))) but I have to be in a *really* particular mood to listen to it.

Earth I'm not too familiar with...but they're pretty much the band Sunn modeled themselves after, right? I'll have to find some.

Erik said:
It might not be the direction you're looking for here, and perhaps you have it already, but if you enjoy Jesu, you absolutely NEED Godflesh "Streetcleaner".

Bought it a while back and have been listening to it about every other day recently. Thanks for playing though :Spin:

Oh yeah, and Pure is really good as well. What other Godflesh albums are worth having?

J. said:
Breach
5ive (also known as 5ive's Continuum Research Project)
Cult of Luna
Old Man Gloom

I've heard various ravings/bashing over Cult of Luna so I guess they're worth checking out. The others I haven't heard of but I'll look for them.

You'd probably dig some of Boris's albums. Check out the albums Flood, Heavy Rocks, and Feedbacker for sure.

Corrupted is another pretty great band that plays that sort of droning doomy kind of crap. Their best album is probably Llenandose de Gusanos, or Se Hace por los Suenos Asianos.

Lyle said:
You'd probably dig some of Boris's albums. Check out the albums Flood, Heavy Rocks, and Feedbacker for sure.

Corrupted is another pretty great band that plays that sort of droning doomy kind of crap. Their best album is probably Llenandose de Gusanos, or Se Hace por los Suenos Asianos.

bump your famous thread please

Lyle said:

I actually agree with you.

Perdition's Light said:
Oh yeah I can dig some Sun 0))) but I have to be in a *really* particular mood to listen to it.

Earth I'm not too familiar with...but they're pretty much the band Sunn modeled themselves after, right? I'll have to find some.
Earth are great, but very similar to Sunn O))) (obviously). I saw Sunn live a couple of weeks ago, and I have never in my life heard something so loud.
I suggest you check out Goatsnake and Boris.

Right now I'm listening to a band called Om which is apparently members (or maybe just one member?) from Sleep. The album is called Variations on a Theme. It's pretty interesting, I have quite a few things to say about it but I'm way too tired. Overall worth hearing if you like 20 long stoner rock songs.

I wish I could use some kind of P2P service to sample some of these bands...but I'm on a fucking network with people who are afraid their computers will get fucked up by someone. I'm stuck with bit torrent which means I can only download whatever happens to come my way.

The Ocean
Overmars
The mouth of the Architect

Voivod's Phobos album--you must get it. It has a very expansive neurosis like feel to it.
You may like Mindrot, and Eyes of Fire
Buried inside