Musician's thread

Okay, if you knew you were going to see Bolt Thrower or a Bolt Thrower tribute band, which songs would any of you like to hear?

Thus far, my group has At First Light and As the World Burns

Candidates:
The Killchain
Realm of Chaos
Cenotaph (unlikely though)
Anti-Tank
Lest We Forget

Okay, if you knew you were going to see Bolt Thrower or a Bolt Thrower tribute band, which songs would any of you like to hear?

Thus far, my group has At First Light and As the World Burns

Candidates:
The Killchain
Realm of Chaos
Cenotaph (unlikely though)
Anti-Tank
Lest We Forget

From the ones you listed, Anti-Tank.

Eternal War, The IVth Crusade, and just about anything from TOL... preferably Salvo, When Cannons Fade, At First Light and the title track.

So... Playing guitar and singing is turning out to be real fuckin difficult. I wanna hop into it right away now that I'm learning strings for the first time so I don't have to hurdle it later. Any tips?

The songs I recommended were ones I never hear live (having seen them three times now), so I'd prefer a tribute band to focus on songs that aren't regular setlist staples (even though some of my favorite songs like IVth Crusade and For Victory are among them).

Well my thought is to do 2 new and 2 old and then a wildcard. Our other idea is to do 4-5 BT songs and then a random OSDM cover like Cold Demons from Vader or something. We aren't anywhere near gigging out yet so everything is still pretty open. Still need 2nd axe and bass

So... Playing guitar and singing is turning out to be real fuckin difficult. I wanna hop into it right away now that I'm learning strings for the first time so I don't have to hurdle it later. Any tips?

It's tough. Start by playing easier versions of the guitar part in my opinion. Like just the changes, then once you get that down start to ramp it up. Also making sure you have both parts solid separately (like you can do either one in your sleep) is pretty important in making it come together as a whole.

I have three guitars, a doumbek, keyboards and 4 large amps in my room.

I have some serious ADD with music. I start learning it and then get too excited and dance to it instead.

I'm okay on the keys i just haven't practiced in awhile and think I've forgotten how to read music too, as a result. :/ But I really would like to learn how to play guitar. Maybe i'll pick that up soon.

Anyone got any tips for reading music on Guitar? Like, I know how to read music from years of saxophone, but I learned to play guitar with tabs, so I can't read music whilst playing guitar. And it's different because most notes on guitar exist in multiple places.

I've never really given too much it effort though, tbh, been fine with tabs. But I'd like to learn now.
Are there any trick/tips for learning this? Or just suck it up and practice?