Mustaine screws over War Machine?

Wow, this thread is hilarious. All this talk about 'screwing over' and people all butt-hurt because their wishes didn't come true. This thread wouldn't even be started if it were Glen's fest, but you guys think it's alright to pick on would-be-promoter Dave. classy. It's a business and shit happens. You all should know that by now?

Yeah, it's business and shit happens and all that, but Dave is still a fucking cunt.

Megadeth = Career over

Rust in Peace was the peak of Daves career ala Metallica Master of Puppets
Countdown to Extinction was Dave's ...and Justice For All
Youthanasia was the equivalent of The Black Album
Cryptic Writings and Risk = Load and ReLoad
At this point its safe to say career over...minor comebacks with The World Needs A Hero andThe System Has Failed, but there was nothing to even draw me back after The bleak era of Megadeth.

Dave is a tool,he blew his chance to take the crown from Metallica 10 years ago,and he only makes himself look more and more like an ass every time he opens his mouth

Youthanasia was the equivalent of The Black Album
It's interesting that you compare Youthanasia to The Black Album, considering the Black Album was probably Metallica's most commercially popular album (at least of their hey-day) and Youthanasia is probably the Megadeth album I have heard of the least in comparison to every other Megadeth album you mentioned.

Have to agree with you on Dave blowing his chances and making himself look like an ass though.

Did anyone also consider that Dave may have said that based on the fact that he knows what it costs for a young band to go overseas and the expenses involved? I know it does no good to try to talk any sense around here, but just saying that Dave IS a seasoned veteren, no matter how you slice it. Maybe he knows what the fuck he's talking about.

Actually, I, too, would like to interview Warmachine. I write for Global Domination (some of you saw my epica review. it slayed and you know it). I would absolutely love to do an interview that doesn't come from the perspective of "Oh, you were screwed out of a tour never promised to you in the first place. here's a tissue." Not saying i'd be a dick, but it would be interesting yeah?

Number 1: Dave didn't break his word to anyone. The spot was never, to my understanding, promised to the band with the most votes. I don't know what's so hard to understand about that.

Number 2: Where exactly is said band now? Point being that just being on this tour isn't going to mean instant fame and success for anyone.

Number 1: Dave didn't break his word to anyone. The spot was never, to my understanding, promised to the band with the most votes. I don't know what's so hard to understand about that.

Oh, nothing's hard to understand, there. It's the lying and the shitty way Dave went about it that's pissing people off here.

Lying: "the band doesn't have the wherewithall to tour" = horseshit. We know from Warmachine's own statement here that Dave's people never contacted them. Dave could have no idea how prepared they were. Hence, Dave lied.

Shitty way: he never even bothered to contact them to tell them they didn't have the gig; the band learned about it through other channels. Totally fucking lame. Conclusion: Dave Mustaike is a lying coward.

I don't think that's a lie as an assumption. Again, dave has been in this business for 20+ years, so i think he knows a bit of something about the cost. Even if the band thinks they have all their shit together, things happen that can really bring reality crashing down. Even if they are able to do it, it's still a good possibility that Dave has some experience and figured that on all counts it'd be easier / cheaper for a UK band (and a fucking killer band at that if anyone has checked them out) to do the tour. Shitty? Well sure, but again this band wasn't screwed out of anything. I wonder if the other bands on the poll were told personally by dave that they wouldn't be on the tour? Hmm... probably not.

The main point is this: to me the whole situation comes off as people (both the band and the fans on the forum here) bitching about something they were never promised. The only thing Warmachine stand to prove by saying that they have the funds/visas/allthatshit to tour is that they um... have that stuff. Congratulations. Dave still picked Evile, and rightfully so. they're a killer band.

Anyway, I'm just repeating myself at this point. Good luck to warmachine in the future of course, but i would highly suggest against doing interviews right now like some people are suggesting to "call out" dave because that will only make you look like a whiny bitch, not to mention completely burning that possible future bridge that maybe he would have you on a tour of north america. Stranger things have happened.

I don't think that's a lie as an assumption.

Ah, an assumption. Of course. We all know how THOSE work out. But the fact remains that he didn't even bother to contact Warmachine to find out.

Anyway, I'm just repeating myself at this point. Good luck to warmachine in the future of course, but i would highly suggest against doing interviews right now like some people are suggesting to "call out" dave because that will only make you look like a whiny bitch, not to mention completely burning that possible future bridge that maybe he would have you on a tour of north america. Stranger things have happened.

On this, I agree. Expressing some disappointment would be proper; 'calling out' Dave would just make 'em look silly.
And they shouldn't break down in tears unless they really want to win the New Hampshire primary. :lol:

He hosted a competition titled "Who Will Support Megadeth on Tour? You decide..." and if he didn't intend to let the winner come on tour, why did he hold the contest? He could've just chosen Evile as the support act and nobody would've thought less of him. Warchmachine won the competition fair and square (which must say something about their talent and fan support, no?) and didn't so much as get a phone call. So I still think he's a scumbag.

Number 2: Where exactly is said band now? Point being that just being on this tour isn't going to mean instant fame and success for anyone.
I never said it would've meant fame and success. But Warmachine has been busting their balls on the local scene for years, and winning this contest was a huge deal for them, and for Dave to just write them off and dismiss them the way he did was ridiculous.

I don't think that's a lie as an assumption. Again, dave has been in this business for 20+ years, so i think he knows a bit of something about the cost. Even if the band thinks they have all their shit together, things happen that can really bring reality crashing down.

that is true, but how can you defend the fact he never gave them any information of what that "reality" supposedly to come crashing down on them was..... before posting "THE DON'T HAVE THE MEANS TO DO THE TOUR".
In his own forums?

I mean come on dude, hello!

simply put totally uncool.