My dream coming true... my studio build!

Good luck with the construction, you're going to need it!! :lol:

I've passed through the same thing and it was hell!!! :lol:

In case you need any help with any questions I'll be glad to help :kickass:

Thanks Eddy! I always kept an eye on your construction thread... I don´t think we can put so much effort and money in our build as you did. But I´m sure it will turn out great. Matt knows a lot about room acoustics, which helps a lot.

OK, this is my sig: Dell StudioXPS i7 @ 1.73Ghz - 6GB RAM - 256 GB Samsung SSD - W7 x64 - Cubase 5 - Echo Audiofire 12 (x2) - 16 channels of Audient ASP 008 - Mackie Big Knob - Adam A7 - Shure, Rode and Neumann microphones // Mesa Triple Rectifier (3ch) - Mesa OS 4x12 - TC G-Major 2 - Maxon TS-808 - Caparison Horus - Ibanez RG-550 - Agile Septor 627 - Gibson SG BTFF

And I recently got my first hardware comp... the Overstayer... pretty nice so far

@Gonzo: HA HA HA :p ;)

Update!

Basement: We teared the old stairs down and we almost finished the walls.
This will be my room in the basement (Sorry for the bad pic, very dark down there... but the windows will come in this month.

IMAG0082.jpg

Holes getting filled, radiators installed...

IMAG0080.jpg

I had some long conversations with matthew about the acoustic treatment and we´ll go for rockwool and drywall on the walls alternating with some slot resonators. Big basstraps for the corners of course. The floors will be laminate. The ceilings will be absorptive with rockwool and cloth.

Jo, das ist schon wirklich ein ordentliches Eck... Ich weiß gar nicht ob es Sneapsters aus meiner Umgebung gibt. Glaub eher nicht. Schade eigentlich^^

I'm originally from Ulm and I also live there when I'm in Germany (which isn't that often as of late, unfortunately).

Looking forward to seeing the final product!

i was told that cinderblock walls filled with perlite in the holes.... have half the sound transference; compared to a typical finished wood interior wall (thats including insulation, 1/2" drywall both sides, tape/bed both sides, and paint).

Hey! We went for the cinderblocks because we can get them cheap and they offer a good sound isolation. We will cover the walls with a layer rockwool and a layer drywall additonally.

We got the drywall incredibly cheap! A friend of mine works in a company that builds prefab houses. They´ve got some drywall they are no longer allowed to use and we get 400 square meters foooooooooooooooooooooor 50€!!!:danceboy:

Looks stunning! Keep the Updates coming and good luck with the building!
By the way, where exactly is your Studio located? I'm building mine near Oberhaching (south of Munich).
And I'm also thinking of the Event Opals, will you wall mount the speakers? The acousticician who helps me wants to wallmount the Monitors and my Adam A7 have too few bass and overall power for that.

Heeeey! I´m not far away from you! You got pm ;-)

I´ve got the A7s too but I´ll not wallmount them. I´ll not wallmount the Opals either.