My dream coming true... my studio build!

Going to be interesting to see once you get all the wood framing in place. Right now, it's a little hard to tell.

By any chance, can you put up the plans? So we can visualize how things are going to turn out?

Going to be interesting to see once you get all the wood framing in place. Right now, it's a little hard to tell.

By any chance, can you put up the plans? So we can visualize how things are going to turn out?

Will definitely post pics of the framing and drywall construction... Not sure about the plans though... Don´t have them in digital form. There are some printed ones at the building site, but they are too big to scan them^^

Update!

IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0112.jpg

This is were the "fun" begins... We dug up the whole basement wall for heat insulation. Fucking bitumen (the black stuff you see in the buckets). We use this to glue the styrofoam insulation to the wall + dowels for additional fixation. It sticks everywhere and it´s really hard to get it off the tools/skin/everything. The heat isolation is meanwhile completed. Am am so happy when we can fill the hole up again^^

is there a reason that you use that "black stuff" for glue? becouse there are special materials for this purpose on the market and it`s easy to work with

I am by far no expert on this field but I think bitumen is a special material for this purpose... It sticks like hell which is, at the end of the day, a good thing.

nice 1!

so, 60k budget you say...what's your estimated cost on the studio build alone?

also, how much rent do you pay? you mentioned that it's quite low, but any numbers?

ich bin aus würzburg, immernoch n gutes stück von euch entfernt haha. viel erfolg!

nice 1!

so, 60k budget you say...what's your estimated cost on the studio build alone?

also, how much rent do you pay? you mentioned that it's quite low, but any numbers?

ich bin aus würzburg, immernoch n gutes stück von euch entfernt haha. viel erfolg!

It´s very simple: Our landlord will build until the budget of 60.000€ is reached. We have to invest the rest ourselves then. At the limit of 60.000, the rent remains payable for us. For my rooms this means around 250€/month.
If we can finish the build for 40.000€, our rent decreases accordingly.

We will buy the acoustic treatment, furniture, lighting and floors ourselfs to keep the rent down. But our landlord will pay for windows, doors, all the power outlets (a lot, a lot), light switches and radiators.

We try to find a middle ground between the costs for the build and a bearable rent^^

Jo Würzburg is schon ein Stück... Wenn du mal in unsere Richtung kommst, sag einfach Bescheid ;)

It´s very simple: Our landlord will build until the budget of 60.000€ is reached. We have to invest the rest ourselves then. At the limit of 60.000, the rent remains payable for us. For my rooms this means around 250€/month.
If we can finish the build for 40.000€, our rent decreases accordingly.

What?! Why can't I find a deal like that :D If something awesome doesn't come up, it looks like I'm looking at either at least a 1000€/month rent or a 90.000€ investment, and that's excluding building the actual studio inside the building :lol:

Anyway, looks really cool, keep us posted and best of luck! :)

A little sunset building site impression for you^^

IMAG0129.jpg

We filled it up again :headbang::headbang::headbang:

We also started a few more walls on the inside... Pictures follow when finished ;)

That's so cool! I hope one day I could get to that point (I have loads and loads of work in front of me though, I practically just started this kind of stuff :lol: )

Can't wait to see it finished!

Also, first post

Need moar pics :lol:
Hat dir die eine Studiotisch Firma eigentlich geantwortet? Bei mir haben sie sich nicht gemeldet (Facbeook + Mail).

Moar pics next week^^

Die Firma hat mir leider auch nicht geantwortet... Aber die Tischformen die jetzt auf der hompage drauf sind sehen sehr vielversprechend aus.

Hey Chris, any news on your building site? :)
I hope everything's working out so far!

Hey Max!

Yeah news news news! Our doors arrived and all the windows are finished! We´ve installed all the tubes for the power outlets. Next things will be: the electrical installation, plastering / framing, drywalls and floor finish. It´s exhausting... we did another wall this weekend and I still got sore muscles. All the fucking snow everywhere isn´t helping either.

Btw your desk looks awesome!