My dream coming true... my studio build!

AHChris

Jun 23, 2009
Bavaria
Hey guise!

I am currently building my own dedicated recording studio. It´ll take a while but we´re making great progress! We´re converting a old farm to two recording studios (one of them with green screen for movie projects), a rehearsal room and a guitar school.

I will be located in the basement and the ceiling is rather low, but we´ll try to deaden the room a lot to minimize the disadvantages... There´s also a dedicated room for drum recordings in the 1st floor which I can use too! Plus I get daylight in the basement because we´ll dig off some dirt and put in some windows! I am happy to be a part of a really great project. My studio and the studio of my buddy Matt will work hand in hand and we sure will deliver some great work.

Anyways... here a few pictures! (sorry for the bad quality, cell phone cam)

Here we see the future lounge/entrance area on the left side (there will be a wall about there where you see the column... the entrance to the basement is further to the left side (not in the picture)
IMAG0046.jpg

The stairs to the 1st floor (men and women bathrooms/rehearsal room/drum tracking room) are getting in...
IMAG0058.jpg

The basement... My live room will be from the front wall (not in picture) to the first column. My control room will reach from the first to the second column. The other half of the basement will become a guitar school!
IMAG0051.jpg

We´re putting up the first wall in the basement for the hallway... Heavy stones, a lot of them. First entrance is for my control room, second one for the guitar school.
IMAG0064.jpg

A lot of concrete got delivered! You can see the future door and window of Matts control room
IMAG0067.jpg

And finally the view from Matts control room to his live room and the future lounge/entrance area
IMAG0069.jpg

Hope you had fun!

I´ll fill this thread with future updates!

Greetings

Chris

Yeah I´m completely exhausted already... I work at a office and I´m not used to the work at a building site. We have to get around 1.200 stones in the basement. We built a little slide so we don´t have to move them all the way, but still... FML^^

Looks like a potentially awesome place, but it did not seems in a real good shape, I feel lot of work ahead of you!
Keep us up with the project, I love those stories as well!
Did you get a good deal for the place?

Looks like a potentially awesome place, but it did not seems in a real good shape, I feel lot of work ahead of you!
Keep us up with the project, I love those stories as well!
Did you get a good deal for the place?

Oh yeah we did get a great deal! We don´t have to pay anything for the walls, the wiring, the doors and windows... Our landlord pays everything and we pay it off with our rent, which isn´t very high. He´s a really nice guy... Plus we have very low costs for power and heating because he heats with the wood from his own forest and has the mother of all photovoltaic systems on the roof^^

Btw: the place is in better shape then it looks... We carved the whole plaster off the walls thats why it looks a bit rough. The basement is dry and in a good shape too... no cracks in the walls or similar stuff.

Planning on installing solar panels on roof? Heh, I'd love work in place like that. Free electricity...