My Dying Bride

My Dying Bride are absolutely perfect! They were my fav band from about '94 - '99 when Opeth assumed that role!

Anyway, the album "Turn Loose the Swans" is, in my opinion, the single most emotional album ever recorded - in any genre!!!! Nothing tops the heavy dark atmosphere of it!!!

Fav MDB songs:
1) Crown of Sympathy
2) From Darkest Skies
3) Black God
4) The Snow in My Hand
5) The Dreadful Hours
6) The Dark Caress
7) Black Voyage
8) The Isis Script
9) Here in the Throat
10) My Hope, the Destroyer

ok what the hell is going on!? I remember I was about to buy an album for MDB UNTIL, I saw the videoclip of a song of theirs. When I first heard it, hell yeah this is beautiful.. Then as the long streched on, i found out that MDB were just about a repeating piano melody line, some guitar work and sadistic vocals.. No progressiveness whatsoever. You get bored of a song after hearing it for the first time

Originally posted by Prophetix
i found out that MDB were just about a repeating piano melody line, some guitar work and sadistic vocals.
Oh no!!!! They had some guitar work!!! the bastards!!!! And sadistic vocals!!!!! Ahhhh!!!! Just as well you don't listen to Opeth!!!! they have even more sadistic vocals!!!!!! :eek:
. No progressiveness whatsoever. You get bored of a song after hearing it for the first time
:mad: Blasphemy!!!! They are the most ultra-progressive doom band ever!!! Ever, I say!!!! Opeth cannot match their progressivenesseses :eek:

:p :p :p :p :p :p

Originally posted by yourdeadgroom

They've been my favourite band for around 6 years or so,

Likewise, they were my favourite from 1996 to 1999. Unlike most of you, though, I was deeply disappointed with 'The Dreadful Hours' and 'The Light at the End of the World' as well.

Most are probably sick of me going over the why's and wherefore's, but to cut a long story short, they backtracked, lost the violin, and stopped pushing the boundaries.

Albums in order:

1. Like Gods of the Sun
2. The Angel and the Dark River
3. Turn Loose the Swans
4. 34.788%... Complete
5. As the Flower Withers
6. The Light at the End of the World
7. Trinity
8. The Dreadful Hours

Top 5 tracks:

1. The Cry of Mankind
2. For My Fallen Angel
3. Sear Me 1993
4. From Darkest Skies
5. Grace Unhearing

The Live album, Voices of the Wretched, is incredibly heavy. I cannot recall a live album equally powerful and alive. I urge you all to go get it, great compilation.

Originally posted by requiem
Most are probably sick of me going over the why's and wherefore's
Oh no, not at all :rolleyes: I wasn't even aware you didn't like them...... :D (sorry, but I just got done mocking you in the Katatoia forum, so I'm in the mind-set :p)
and stopped pushing the boundaries.
So did you like their other albums because they pushed the boundaries, or because they contained good songs? :heh: :D

:lol: :lol:

Originally posted by InMyKingdomCold
My Dying Bride are wicked!!!!!

Great live band too, saw them at the Mean Fiddler and Wacken. They sounded exactly the same as on CD, except I think Aaron actually sounds more fierce live, his Death Growls sound particulaly harsh.

I can't agree more when it comes to Aaron. I saw MDB for the first time at Wacken and Aaron impressed me a lot, together with the rest of the band of course but the vocals..oh my God...I didn't sleep well in my tent that night, that's for sure! He just made me freeze...nothing more to say....

I used to be a big MDB fan, and TAatDR is still one of my favorite albums, but one day the novelty wore off. They're good for a fix every now and then, but diehard? Never again. And Requiem's right: they lost a lot with the violin's exit, even though I found TDH to be much better than LAtEotW

NP: Lacuna Coil - Comalies - Swamped