My thrash/speed metal section sucks (ie. I'm a stupid n00b)

sodspeak.jpg
sodspeak.jpg
sodspeak.jpg
sodspeak.jpg

Erik said:
"The Legacy." Essential, not a weak fucking moment on the disc. "The New Order" is really cool, but not as cool as Legacy. "Practice" is incredibly overrated, it has two great songs, a number of other good ones and some pretty wimpy filler. "Souls of Black" is OK...
Let's call it as it is: "Souls of Black" is an abomination, considering it came AFTER Practice. Yeah, PwyP is different to the first couple, and slightly more mellowed out, but it certainly is not a bad album per se. I dunno, perhaps the material works better live because, for sure, it was the album to put them on the map. It is their "Master of Puppets". :tickled:

What's even more interesting is that "Souls of Black" was the only early album not included in the latest re-releases by Atlantic(?). :err:

I think all the things on the list are worth checking out, with the exception of Hirax, which I can't recommend because I've never heard.

Another album worth checking out is Sanctuary's Refuge Denied. Its not purely thrash though. Sanctuary is the band that eventually ended up being Nevermore. Refuge Denied was their first album and has some pretty good stuff.

JayKeeley said:
Let's call it as it is: "Souls of Black" is an abomination, considering it came AFTER Practice. Yeah, PwyP is different to the first couple, and slightly more mellowed out, but it certainly is not a bad album per se. I dunno, perhaps the material works better live because, for sure, it was the album to put them on the map. It is their "Master of Puppets". :tickled:

What's even more interesting is that "Souls of Black" was the only early album not included in the latest re-releases by Atlantic(?). :err:
Well my Souls of Black CD sure does look like my three first ones layout-wise etc, so it's of the same series... Not sure if you mean that they've re-released them AGAIN or something...

Look, I've tried to like Practice, but aside from the title track, "Sins of Omission", and some lesser but still good tracks like "Blessed in Contempt", "Perilous Nation" and "Greenhouse Effect", it's fucking mediocre. "Souls of Black" may have some really faceless thrashers, but at least it has thrashers.

Black Winter Day said:
Erik, where is "Darkness FUCKING Descends"?
Nowhere, cause he didn't ask for Dark Angel, and I didn't want to get into other recommendations lest my post be 12 pages. However, it goes without saying that DARK FUCKEN ANGEL DARKNESS FUCKEN DESCENDS is mandatory, no questions asked. So are both of the others, come to think of it. LEAVE FUCKEN SCARS = grossly underrated.

Erik said:
Well my Souls of Black CD sure does look like my three first ones layout-wise etc, so it's of the same series... Not sure if you mean that they've re-released them AGAIN or something...
Yeah, the latest Terrorizer has reviewed all the re-releases, so I am assuming that these are brand new.