Is thrash making a huge comeback?

I also might be rejoining my old thrash band to play with legenedary metal band Anvil. Our new stuff ia big improvement. I dunno though if I'll join. I already have a surf band that covers some metal, we might upload our stuff soon. Beware!

Yeah, we just have to add the tracks, any thrash songs you want me to surf-ify, I was thinking of the song Pirahna by Exodus because it talks about something with water.

How about some Slayer? That single note riffing could translate over to surf quite well I imagine.

HarmonyDies.... said:
Yeah, we just have to add the tracks, any thrash songs you want me to surf-ify, I was thinking of the song Pirahna by Exodus because it talks about something with water.
I do not see how you could possibly NOT do "Raging Waters" by Testament then.

Erik, fucking brilliant! I am so doing that and Pirahna, or amybe we could merge the too and call it Raging Waters with Piranahnas. The possibilities are endless.

Not too keen on thrash. But a band that I think many in this forum would enjoy is Red Harvest. Their first two albums (which can be a chore to find) are pure thrash with a few sprinklings of "futuristic" sounds thown in.

With the album Hybreed, the band became kind of a post-apocalyptic industrial metal band. Not really akin to Aborym, Thorns, etc., but more like City-era SYL.

The music moves fairly quickly, lots of noise, a good vocalist. Not really any of those techno beats to be found.

It's taken me quite a bit of time to appreciate this band. I liken them to Meshuggah. Both bands have a thrash base, but each have a distinct trait that sets them apart.

That being said, I think Meshuggah is highly overrated.

Oh, and I'm also looking forward to the new THe Haunted with original, better vocalist Peter Dolving.

EDIT: Ignore The Metal Observer's reviews of Red Harvest. They don't know shit.

everything was a problem with the last album. It plain sucked.

I just hope Dolving is as pissed off as he was when they recorded the debut.

Meshuggah is NOT overrated. The more I listen to them, the better they get.

Concerning Red Harvest: A live review in the new Terrorizer said that when Red Harvest takes the stage, every band wants to be them. They are an awesome band. I need those early albums, though. How many do they have?

www.librariusmetallicus.com will let you know how many albums they have. I think they have 5 full lengths and 2 EPs.

I used to own every Meshuggah album, except the newest one. Lame Swedish thrash is what I heard. Technicality schmechnicality.

Papa Josh said:
Jack needs to get his attention back on Seven Witches, I'm waiting to hear some new shit w/ James Rivera!!!!!!
I can't believe that any efforts with EtE would distract from Savat...er, Seven Witches. They have a new album coming out again anyway don't they? And they're doing some weird acoustic set at BW & BK I hear...

EtE > Seven Bitches :D

I cannot wait for the new KREATOR.

According to Mille, it will be a fucked up mix of Violent Revolution and Pleasure to Kill style .... Wooo hooo !!!

Looking forward to the new Death Angel too.

EXODUS, DEATH ANGEL, KREATOR, SLAYER ... fuck .. what a year. It is going to be some major battle for the record of the year. Reminds me of 1987 :tickled:

Time to get out the MC jacket :headbang: