Thrash

from the official Sodom website:

"Surely you have already heard about the Chris Witchhunter Tribute Concert, which will take place on April 11th, 2009 at the Turbinenhalle Oberhausen. Now that we invited lots of Chris Witchhunter's and Sodom's friends to this event, we're sorry to inform you that Destruction won't take part. Destruction - respectively Schmier - weren't satisfied with the flyer and poster design.
Regrettably this discontent had also been discussed on the Destruction message board and thereby word spread to other forums too. Via e-mail Schmier let us know that he doesn't want to be "a support act" with Destruction and that we "are supposed to look for someone else!" instead. We regret their decision.
There will be a replacement for Destruction, which we're going to introduce next Monday, January 19th, 2009!

As this festival's initiator, Sodom furthermore want to point out the basic idea behind this event again:
We'd like to arrange a worthy farewell for Chris Witchhunter and still we also want to raise money for his mother. The event shall be a peaceful and untroubled party for every Thrash Metal fan."

--------

Taken from the official Destruction website:

LIES ABOUT THE WITCHHUNTER TRIBUTE SHOW!

2009-01-17

TO CUT DOWN RUMOURS ABOUT THE CANCELLATION OF THE CHRIS WITCHHUNTER TRIBUT SHOW, WE NEED TO SPEAK OUT THE TRUTH ABOUT THE NONPROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOUR OF THE SO-CALLED "PROMOTER".

DESTRUCTION AGREED TO PLAY FOR FREE, WITHOUT ANY OF THE NORMAL DEMANDS ON THIS CHARITY EVENT, THE ONLY DEMAND WAS A PROFESSIONAL POSTER. AFTER THAT THE WANN-BE-PROMOTER TOOK THE BAND OFF THE BILL. NO COMMUNICATION WITH THE BAND OR THE AGENCY, NOTHING!

THIS DECISION WAS BEYOND THE BANDS CONTROL AND WILL ONLY HURT THE FANS AND CHRIS RELATIVES.

AS A MATTER OF RESPECT FOR OUR DEAD FRIEND, WE WILL NOT FIGHT THIS SENSELESS DECISION IN PUBLIC. THE EVENT IS A GOOD THING FOR CHRIS & HIS FAMILY. CHRIS WOULD TURN OVER IN HIS OWN GRAVE, AFTER SUCH A STUPID ACT. DESTRUCTION APOLOGIZES FOR THIS BRAINLESS DECISION OF THIS WANNA-BE-PROMOTER, SUPPORT CHRIS & HIS RELATIVES!

3138659928_ef850b2eb0_o.jpg

Verdict: Sodom >>>>>>>> Destruction

must be some German thing, where Schmier never thought he'd see the day where his bands logo would be the same size as Tankard's

Ah, hence the strange lightning bolt...

I'd still be up for seeing it though, even if the line-up is almost totally different. A bit like seeing present day Angel Witch; I'd still go!*

* This being said I actually missed them in London recently! Next time...

Artillery's By Inheritance is superrrrb. "Bombfood" is the dogs bollocks.

Also, just discovered Toxik's World Circus and it's also the canines genitalia.

EDIT: also have some Atrophy but haven't spent any time with it yet.

here's a post about thrash metal: i've come to pretty much only like two kinds of thrash now: either the "FUCK YOU WE'RE FROM NEW YORK" kind (overkill) or the "SATANIC FORCE RÜHR/BELO HORIZONTE" kind (early sep, sodom, protector, anything that is totally brutal and not-nice production and has no wimpy mosh shit)

bay area thrash zzz

edit: except vio-lence because vio-lence means BUSINESS

I pretty much only like good thrash these days and I've come to dislike bad thrash.

Honestly, UM is the only forum I've visited that doesn't think Overkill are totally crap, except maybe their very early releases. Weird.

if you like thrash metal and don't like overkill you're wrong, stupid, and both

but i don't argue on the internet so i'm not going to try and whack sense into you just go back to listening to megadeth or whatever skateboard shit is the myspace flavor of the week

Anybody who doesn't like Taking Over is just a huge fucking faggot, really.

Also Holy Terror needs more fellatio.

Anybody who doesn't like Taking Over is just a huge fucking faggot, really.

dodens grav i think youre alright

also you can try and find a band that's more intense than overkill live but you're not going to find a band that's more intense than overkill live because a band that's more intense than overkill live does not exist

Big deal, Taking Over, a solid album. One listen to an album like The Years of Decay should be enough to show that the bulk of their material is piss poor cheese thrash fuelled by play-school riffing. And I know what I'm talking about, I've had a drink with Rat Skates and everything :lol: