Is thrash making a huge comeback?

lurch70 said:
I cannot wait for the new KREATOR.

According to Mille, it will be a fucked up mix of Violent Revolution and Pleasure to Kill style .... Wooo hooo !!!
Don't even fuck with me Aurel. Violent Revolution and Pleasure to Kill are practically two of my favorite thrash albums of all time. I need to go jerk off now or something...

Dreamlord: You should at least give Meshuggah 'Nothing' a try. It is quite a bit different than there earlier stuff. More along the lines of Cult of Luna and Neurosis meets brutal, chunky, spazzed-out riffs. It took me forever to get into, but it is now one of my favorite CD's ever.

Cool, maybe Lombardo will remind them how great they were with him. Not that Bostaph was the problem with the last several releases...

Don't even fuck with me Aurel. Violent Revolution and Pleasure to Kill are practically two of my favorite thrash albums of all time. I need to go jerk off now or something...
Ditto .. except for VR .. and jerking off :)

Don't you guys read blabbermouth?

npearce said:
Dreamlord: You should at least give Meshuggah 'Nothing' a try. It is quite a bit different than there earlier stuff. More along the lines of Cult of Luna and Neurosis meets brutal, chunky, spazzed-out riffs. It took me forever to get into, but it is now one of my favorite CD's ever.
Perhaps if I see it used at a cheap price. I used to own Contradictions COllapse, Destroy Erase Improve, and Chaosphere and just didn't see what the big deal was. So they have weird time signatures. Big whoop. Nocturnus and Atheist were doing that shit way before Meshuggah. If I see it for a decent price, I'll get it.

As for Kreator, i'm rather partial to Cause for Conflict and Renewal (yes you read that right, i know many people think of Renewal as shit but man i love that album, just wish it had better production)

Dark Chapter said:
As for Kreator, i'm rather partial to Cause for Conflict and Renewal (yes you read that right, i know many people think of Renewal as shit but man i love that album, just wish it had better production)

I like both of those (truth be known the only one I don't like is Endorama), but my faves are Extreme Agression and Coma Of Souls.

Violent Revolution is my fave since then.

Extreme Agression i never really go in to for one reason or another, i remember all my friends were into that album while in high school but it never clicked with me. Coma of Souls now had some awesome shit on it, title track and People of the Lie of course are excellent. I'd have to agree with Endorama, it was ok but nothing special. I also liked Out of the Dark... Into the Light alot as well a long time ago

I like Cause For Conflict. The drumming on that album is amazing. If I had to pick one Kreator album to be at the bottom, it would have to be Renewal. It just bores me. While Outcast and Endorama are experimental and the least 'kreator sounding,' I like them alot. Extreme Agression and Terrible Certainty are my favorites.

Kreator kicks infinite ass. :)

I just looooove me some Violent Revolution. I should really get that DVD - I hear it's good. Or did I hear it's bad? One of the two.

:headbang: I made it to bloodfiredeath's signature! Actually, if you include what you said prior to the '99% of the time' reponse, it would make more sense. But hey, that's just my opinion. Either way, I feel rather honored. :cool:

JayKeeley said:
Actually, if you include what you said prior to the '99% of the time' reponse, it would make more sense.
good idea!

The Kreator dvd is very good. My only complaint is that it switches around between a few different shows. I'd like it more if it was just one continuous live set.

Now that sig is perfect.

OK I'm not big on metal DVD's generally, but I'm beginning to build a list of wants:

Kreator - Live Kreation
Sepultura - Chaos
Megadeth - Rude Awakening (for the nostalgia and if it's cheap, because otherwise I hear it's poor)

Metal dvd's that I have:

Carcass - Wake Up And Smell The Carcass
Death - Live In LA
Enslaved - Live Retailiation
Iron Maiden - 12 Wasted Years
Iron Maiden - Live After Death
Iron Maiden - Visions Of The Beast
Iron Maiden - Rock In Rio
Iron Maiden - Number Of The Beast (classic albums documentary)
Kreator - Live Kreation
Sepultura - Chaos DVD
Slayer - War At The Warfield

all are worth owning.

I have these so far (look, I even put ratings on them!):
Anathema "A Vision of a Dying Embrace" *****
Dark Tranquillity "Live Damage" ***
Enslaved "Live Retaliation" ****

I want Kreator, Merciless, etc.