Thrash

"the years of decay" is super cool and you listen to megadeth and "turbo" so frankly you're a bit rubbish or whatever is the proper british insult

well see i don't actually know i just perused your band myspace in a vain attempt to find saucy bits that i could use against you (on the internet)

can't win every time you know

also you can try and find a band that's more intense than overkill live but you're not going to find a band that's more intense than overkill live because a band that's more intense than overkill live does not exist

Seriously. I don't even care for Overkill past Horrorscope outside of a few scattered songs in the studio, but a lot of them fucking rule live. Plus Bobby Blitz walks off the stage between songs or whenever he's not singing to smoke a cigarette and comes back twice as insane.

edit: I like Megadeth though...at least the first album.

outside of a few scattered songs in the studio, but a lot of them fucking rule live.
overkill is the only band that makes me enjoy groove bullshit

battle? necroshine? the sound of dying? jump me da fukk up because i just don't care anymore, i have been OVERKILLED THE DEVIL'S WRATH

I'm sure they're enjoyable after a few beers, though I find most 80s thrashers still gigging now are a pale shadow of what they must once have been. Exodus live was a "once is enough" experience for example, and that's to say nothing of all the abominable recent albums from many original thrashers.

Exceptions to the live deteriorations would be Sabbat (UK), who are still thoroughly blasting, and by the looks of videos, Razor. Onslaught are alright but purely for the sake of hearing the old material (the new output is shit). A friend showed me a recent video of Forbidden, and whilst the band are still pretty on it, the vocalist was fucking dire (and he used to be great). It would be amazing if Dark Angel reformed, but in a way it seems best left in the golden past, given what I've said above. Oh by the way Destruction are still totally killer live, though I found Kreator a bit boring (always bottom of the German three for me anyway, and upstaged by Celtic Frost when I saw them). I've yet to see Sodom.

i'm sure exodus live now would be a bit of an atrocious exhibition (see what i did there)

sodom is okay

kreator has only one setlist they have been using for ten years, gee i wonder whether the encore is going to be flag of hate/tormentor

My number 2 'Live Heavy Metal Dream' would probably be to see Agent Steel with John Cyriis.

Number 1 being to see Mercyful Fate... which seems somewhat more conceivable if the new album rumours are true.

Yeah, I went to the premiere in London and went for a drink with the director afterwards (Rat Skates of Overkill was there too haha) - it was a good watch, and featured some cool interviews. Recommended!

Had a drink with Rat Skates? Big deal. I've had several, on several occasions, with The Blitz and this has ZERO to do with the fact that Overkill kick ass. I've not seem them live in many years, but that doesn't seem to be the argument here. Their first 5 albums were excellent and their live shows back then weren't topped by many.

I can't say where they would stand today if I were coming into this late in the game but, as someone who was there as it happened, Overkill fucking kicked ass.

How the fuck would you know?
I wouldn't you tool, hence "must once have been".

The Rat Skates thing was clearly a joke btw... :lol:

Anyway I'm not here to cause arguments, I was just bored. I don't care what other people choose to listen to, I just personally think Overkill for the most part totally blow, much like Testament.

I wouldn't you tool, hence "must once have been".

Anyway I'm not here to cause arguments, I was just bored. I don't care what other people choose to listen to, I just personally think Overkill for the most part totally blow, much like Testament.

hay you know what man
you can take your fucking opinions and fucking stick them up your fucking ass man
and don't look back!

that must be why you mentioned it twice in a "i had a drink with a former overkill member in 2008 so clearly i know what i'm talking about when i say his band sucks" context

Yeah and that must also be why both occasions were accompanied by a laughter smiley or "haha". Excellent point einride.

This whole business is hilarious, I've done no more than express an opinion.

well your opinion is clearly a "bit rubbish" and also "well bollocks" and i would also go as far as to claim you're "bloody bonkers" for holding it