Thrash

ive listened to sodom, dark angel, and heathen

sodom>dark angel>heathen

in fact, that sodom song was really great.

im sold on sodom. it seems persecution mania and agent orange are the ones to get.

what does everyone think of seasons in the abyss? just curious...

EDIT: ill listen to the others tomorrow. the kid is sleeping

Definitely the best Kreator song. Flag of Hate EP crushes everything else they did.

Definitely the best Kreator song. Flag of Hate EP crushes everything else they did.

Indeed, if they'd had enough material like that for a full album it would probably be the best album in the world.

J: The best Sodom is In the Sign of Evil, but that's a completely different style (Black Metal) so yeah, Agent Orange and Persecution Mania (Can be found with the Expurse of Sodomy EP as a bonus) are the ones to get for thrashing hell. Here's another track from the Agent Orange album: http://www.yousendit.com/download/WnBRK3BIQzNPSHgzZUE9PQ Remember the Fallen

I think the rip I've got of AO is a bit weird but nevermind that.

Protector also rocks, if you're a fan of the German style of thrashing hell there's fuckloads of good shit for you.

I must say I feel Obssessed by Cruelty gets overlooked a fair bit - I really enjoy it, although I admit In the Sign and Persecution are both preferable.

Whenever I drift away from phases of thrash listening, it only ever takes one good album to remind me why I love it.

The drum change at the start of From the Past Comes the Storms for example - FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YES! The same reaction would accompany the whole Bonded By Blood album.

So Brandon are you still digging Destruction? Silly question really, those early releases are priceless gems.

Also, whilst it goes without saying (although I personally prefer the previous two), it should never be forgotten that Reign in Blood RULES. So much.

I'm going to have to listen to Schizophrenia while driving now; looking forward to it.

Fuck yes I still enjoy Destruction. The riffing is insane.

"take their lives" is still a better song than "awakening of the gods"

the new one really kicked my ass after my earlier dismisal.

overall I feel Kreator has surpased Destruction as far as their newer material is concerned.