Thrash

And you left out Venom.

I was at my first Venom concert tonight, and it was sooooo cooool!

they'ære were sooo so bad, though, but in an awesome kool way!

and DarkAngel Agenl is really simple, in that they foollow a sinmple formula, which, in my opinion, makes them only cooler! fuck "progression"!

Morbid Saint- "Spectrum of Death"
Fucking kills. Up there with Kreator with their best moments, just such heavy agression yet still capturing that atmosphere that makes thrash rule. Headbang inducing and mandatory.

:kickass:

Torture Squad - "Pandemonium" has failed to be mentioned thus far. Though it's thrashtastic stylings are laced with elements of death, the end result is just the same, a sore neck.

Really? I always felt they were goofy posers playing really good thrash.

So I've heard but I've always had a hard time believing it because Necuratul is just so damn right.

I've heard this as well, and I've heard the same of Piledriver and some all female band whose name I can't remember at the moment, all of whom kick ass. I don't know whether or not to believe any of it, but I guess it doesn't really matter. Neither of the above mentioned bands seem to be particularly poseur-fied these days, for whatever that's worth, though I'm not the biggest fan of their latest outputs.

None shall Defy kicks serious ass no doubt ... but they were rather well ... here

band_5.jpg

far from "sinister and dark" :lol:

Well, then again, here's Slayer:

dk_slayer_006.jpg

and here's Possessed:

bandjy8.jpg

and here's Sacrifice:

foto_07.jpg

and here's Celtic Frost:

6a00c11414fbc15af500c225292a418e1d-320pi

I know he liked Overkill and Heathen (if he didn't he would be a faggot), but I don't know of anything else he's listened to yet.

I gave Overkill - Feel the Fire and Heathen - Breaking the Silence, and I liked them both quite a bit. I spun Sodom - Obsessed by Cruelty, and it was fucking ace. I love how blackified it is. I love the Heavy Metal in Overkill and some songs in Heathen. This might take a month or so get the proper appreciation though. Fucking jobs.

Cheers though so far :kickass:

Overkill - Feed the Fire
Great riffing with a bit of heavy metal in the solos. Not sold yet, but I enjoy it

Heathen - Breaking the Silence
This is melodic, yet thrashy. Great riffing, vocals, and the song writing is fucking ace. Sold.

Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Violent fucking thrash, makes me want to rip my head off. Sold.

Sepultura - Beneath the Remains
RIFFS! Fucking RIFFS! This is just full of energy and emotion. Sold.

Next up, Overkill - Taking over, Coroner - Punishment in Decadence, Sepultura - Schizophrenia, and Artillery - Terror Squad or By Inheritance

:kickass:

Artillery - Terror Squad: Fucking awesome. Technically proficient, while keeping the riffing flowing. The album's song writing is flawless and headbangingly great.

Coroner - Punishment in Decadence: Superb riffing with very technical riffs. This is solid thrash, and what I love is the way they can use technical riffs without being annoying and appearing to show off their guitar playing skills. I can't really describe the riffs because they are unique yet keep true to their genre.

Sepultura - Schizophrenia: Hell fucking yes! Raw, Dirty, Fast, Aggressive, and Evil. This is better than BtR, imo, because it has a sense of emotion and anger that is lost in BtR. The riffs are so fucking fast, dirty, and evil that I can't help but headbang.

Sodom - In the Sign of Evil: I thought I liked this before, but now I love it. The simplistic riffing reminds me of early black metal and punk, but they do this so god damned perfect that nobody could possibly do it again.

Vio-Lence - Eternal Nightmare: Fast, Aggressive, and awesome vocals. This is what I love about thrash. Tons of riffs that are just full of energy and agressiveness. Not to mention the fantastic vocals!

I'm going to look through the reco's again to check out my next bands, but I really need to listen to Sabbat (UK) - Dreamweaver since I love History of a Time to Come so much.

Listen to Morbid Saint, immediately.

On a side note, I finally found the Corrupt 7" :kickass: , but the distro seems to take a while to process orders (Asphyxiate).

Also:

Overkill - Taking Over: While there is great riffing, vocals, and song writting, I think Fele the Fire is better because of all the heavy metal still in the sound. Quality album though, and the last track is some of the best thrash I've ever heard.