Thrash

Listen to Morbid Saint, immediately.

On a side note, I finally found the Corrupt 7" :kickass: , but the distro seems to take a while to process orders (Asphyxiate).

FYI...I heard rumblings about Asphyxiate being a rip-off label. If you hear the same IT IS NOT TRUE! They apparently had such a rapid growth spurt that some things needed to be addressed and they are now getting caught up. I've read that they are still a little slow/behind but all orders are being processed...just in case you start to worry.

Overkill - Taking Over: While there is great riffing, vocals, and song writting, I think Fele the Fire is better because of all the heavy metal still in the sound. Quality album though, and the last track is some of the best thrash I've ever heard.

I fucking love Taking Over. It was my first full-on exposure to them (aside from hearing Feel The Fire, the track, once). The riffs on Taking Over are so damn huge in some parts...ah...makes me smile just thinking about them.

Up Next:

Destruction - Infernal Overkill
Sacrifice - Forward To Termination
Onslaught - The Force
Sabbat (UK) - Dreamweaver
Megadeth - Peace Sells, But Who's Buying...; So Far, So Good... So What?; or Rust in Piece. Which should I try first?

Awesome kool, and way more influential on black metal than most people think. Pay extra attention to that unique sense of melody! The production is kinda thin, but you don't seem like too big a fag, so it shouldn't be a prob for you.

:lol:

Are the 2004 Megadeth remix/remasters worth the trouble of avoiding? Should I hunt down originals instead? I remember hearing something along the lines of the remasters sounding like crap.

Up Next:

Sacrifice - Forward To Termination
Onslaught - The Force
Sabbat (UK) - Dreamweaver
Megadeth - Peace Sells, But Who's Buying...; So Far, So Good... So What?; or Rust in Piece. Which should I try first?
Destruction = fucking ace
Onslaught = fucking ace
Sacrifice = fucking ace

I haven't gotten around to the rest.

I wish I got involved in this here topic before. Now it may be to late!

I will try to add 2 different sort of cents:

Have we listened to Thrashy NWOBHM such as Satan? Or are we moving only forwards?

Okie dokie

To Johanna, yes the thrash is going really well. I just bought the Artillery box set too! :kickass:

Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Metallica - 80's material
Sacrifice - Forward To Termination/Soldiers of Misfortune
Sepultura - Morbid Visions/Schizophrenia/Arise
Sabbat - Dreamweaver/History of a Time To Come
Mekong Delta - The Music of Erich Zann
Kreator - Pleasure To Kill
Exodus - Bonded By Blood
Annihilator - Alice In Hell
Forbidden - Forbidden Evil/Twisted Into Form
Overkill
Ulysses Siren - Above The Ashes
Vendetta - Brain Damage
Vio-Lence - Eternal Nightmare
Whiplash - Power and Pain
Realm - Endless War
Toxic Holocaust
Pestilence - Malleus Maleficarum
Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death
Deadly Blessing - Ascend From the Cauldron

etc..

i highly recommend Unholy Grave...more grind/thrash, but eminently moshable! they don't have a myspace but you can youtube it...i'd upload but i only have vinyl

Megadeth remasters: avoid? Anyone know?

There was a thread on this, but I re-bought Killing is my Business, Peace Sells, and So Far So Good So What and all are SUPERB remasters, particularly Killing and SFSGSW. All the lyrics, liner notes, history around making the album, etc.

I never bothered with RiP remaster because you can't improve on perfection IMO.