Needing To Vent !!!

guitarguru777

Nov 13, 2003
Las Vegas
www.jasonconstantine.com
You know over the past few months i have seen somethings that are really bothering me. There has been alot of speculation in alot of places, and there has also been just a very whatever attitude on the part of people that i find apalling.

Now as we all know Nevermore is a great band, but im starting to think some of its fans are heartless asses.

I understand that band has been through a million guitarists in 1/2 as many years, and i can relate to the fact that its really no surprise to see someone else up on the stage with them, but i think theres alot more going on under the surface than this.

While over on the Nevermore forum today i watched a recent video from Wacken of the band performing "This Godless Endeavor" live and low and behold as we all know theres broderick on stage with the band. While i dont hate chris and i dont have nevermore, it was odd for me too see noone making comments on steve not being there.

Being a fan of the band in a big way, and not seeing steve performing on the one song I have been dying to see live since the albums release. It was hard for me to watch without criticizing the band.

While I do respect the band for moving forward and playing for the fans, giving them what they want, and so forth. I havent seen many comments made by the members of the band other than steve. I mean Jeff hasnt been to the new forum and posted at all, and Warrell hasnt said much about it at all.

Granted i dont think the band should let it control them, but they could also make it LOOK like they give a shit.

Now i dont know how much steve talks to the boys in the band, but its looking more and more to me from a public standpoint that the band has pretty much written steve off.

And its really got me pissed off !!

Da Fukn Guru

Hey, I was one of the Steve defenders over there. ;)

I think we all know the situation - both sides would love to have Steve there. However, it is what it is. If Warrel - the only member who posts there regularly - had weighed in, it would have given that BS discussion credibility that it didn't deserve...

I totally agree with you Guru. But like eaeolian said, the situation is what it is. Personally I think that shooting the DVD without Steve is wrong, and I'm just as pissed off as you are... so we'll have to see what happens, but Steve, I just wanna say that I will always be a huge fan of yours, and your playing. Hope that didn't sound too kiss ass, haha. Best of luck with everything.

I talked to Van at sweden rock, and he seemed to be pretty happy hearing that someone cared about steve (I asked him how things were with him and stuff). So it didnt seem like the dont give a shit. But anyway, I hope steve can tell us more about the situation with the band.

I feel i need to make this adedum to my statemtn from earlier. In no way am i saying that Steve is not a member of Nevermore or will not be in the future. Ive recieved a few emails (no not from steve or band members) asking if I knew something everyone else doesnt, and let me say for the record. I only know as much as you do.

While i am peturbed by the actions or rather the non-actions of the band regarding steves condition. I am in no way saying anything negative about the band or its music.

And finally for the record 1 more time. To my knowledge Steve is still a member of Nevermore. Anything you hear regarding steve not being a members is all rumors.

Unless we hear it from Steve himself its not true. Remember that.

So they're shooting the DVD without Steve? I didn't know.

It's gonna give me a hollow feeling, hearing someone else play Steve's solos on the songs... and ESPICIALLY the songs from the endeavour that he wrote himself.

I wouldn't get your hopes up about Steve posting much, if anything, in this thread, because people will take it and give it to all the news sources and it will just snowball.

Although I can't see Steve being kicked out or leaving on his own will or anything of the like.. I WILL say that:

Whatever happens with Nevermore, I will be a Steve Smyth fan regardless of the band he steps on stage with.

Well theres really nothing to go to the news sources with. all i have been saying this whole time is i dont like the way the band is handling the situation. Anyonw who reads more into it than that is a fucking moron.

This thread has nothing to do with steve leaving the band or nevermore kicking him out. So lets not even get the gossip bullshit started here.

The thread is more an observation of the fans that post on the official nevermore forum and how it seems they really could care less if steve was around or not.

So that being said I see one more asshole in any forum post any gossip. Ill be the 1st mother fucker up there kicking their fucking teeth in.

As for being a Smyth fan, that will never change. As for being his friend, that will never change. I got your back steve no matter what.

Fukin Love Ya Bro
Da Fukn Guru

I'm sure whatever may happen it will be told when it is.

Updates on the NM forum would be nice, but I don't think anyone really knows what is going on.

I'm hoping things work out for Steve soon and he returns in full force with the band.

I don't mind them playing live with Chris, what I would like to hear is something like "hey, we are writing with Steve since he can't really play out much yet. Chris will fill in live till then " that would make me feel better.

but, we have no control over any of this. :ill:

Well, there was a locked topic in the "updates" section a day or two ago where Steve replied to me and another kid about his stance with the band. Now, the thread has been edited and my post is gone and Steve's reply is gone, too. I have no idea what that is about.

I will just add my two cents:

I think Steve is a great player, and a great fit in Nevermore. His stage presence is HUGE. I think it sucks that his part in the band is on hold because of reasons he can't control. It also sucks that he can't play live with the band for the DVD show.

The last thing I saw about Steve from Nevermore was a quote like this, from WD:

""We are saddened by Steve's escalating condition. He is an active part of this band and our thoughts stay with him. We will be performing as a four-piece for these shows and will have Chris Broderick join us for the rest of our European schedule."

That shit was back in like late May.

I think it's safe to say Steve is obviously still a member of Nevermore. Just because we don't hear anything from the other members doesn't mean he isn't still in the band. I can't remember a single time in the three years I have been browsing the NM board where anyone other than WD has posted a single topic or reply. It's on record somewhere that Jeff hates the stupid thing (for good reason). Van and Jim told me that read it every so often, but never add anything. So it should be no surprise to people that the band isnt commenting on this, because they never comment on anything. On the other hand, I do agree it would be nice to hear some updates on the band once in a while. It seems like the member we hear from the most is the one who isn't even actively with the band right now...(Steve!)

My reply in the update thread wasn't made to anger Steve or anyone else...I just thought Steve was angry about the band filming the DVD without him. Maybe I misunderstood. I hope I didnt cause any problems. I wonder why the reply was deleted (unless something is just wrong with my broswer and I can't read it).

I saw Nevermore headline in Athens last October - the only time I have seen them WITH Steve as an actual member, and it kicked ass. I wish he could be there for the DVD show. I bought a ticket thinking he would be able to play, given his "hint, hint" comment in one of his updates.

Either way, Nevermore kicks ass, Steve kicks ass and we shouldn't worry about his place in Nevermore until we hear something official from the band.

from Steve, in sticky thread from 8/9 re: question about him performing at the seattle show this weekend:
I can't answer, as I have heard nothing back from the guys...it's been spoken about though...

this one bothers me.
nothing? ?? ...

Steve was missed in Seattle tonight. A lot of people asked how he was doing,
(some of which could have actually called him and asked themselves ) and
many expressed well wishes. It was a bummer for me that the Smythbro wasn't there since the band I'm in opened the night. A few people were wondering if Steve was playing and were bummed to find out he wasn't. We all know that Steve was more than willing to do these next couple of shows.

So, yeah Guru, I definitely agree with you. I am frustrated as well.
Nevermore fans deserve to know where the band is on this. If Steve didn't
have this forum no one would know of his status. Nevermore certainly hasn't updated anyone on the situation...

this does bug me as well, but i think the Nevermore guys are trying the best they can without him..they have a lot on their plate right now..alot of people dont like the idea of the dvd being sans-Steve but...i dunno...