NEVERMORE To Support DISTURBED???

this band is cool, last cd was so-so

6/10

================

WD and co will have an interesting time

metalskater7 said:
exposure. obviously these kids at the Disturbed show are under the mistaken idea that they listen to metal, and perhaps upon hearing an actual metal band may have a shift towards some non-shit music.

I'm a tad pissed off in all honesty. I do not rate disturbed as a metal band whatsoever. I'll go see nevermore and then leave. No disrespect to disturbed, but nevermore should be headlining.

Final_Product said:
I'm a tad pissed off in all honesty. I do not rate disturbed as a metal band whatsoever. I'll go see nevermore and then leave. No disrespect to disturbed, but nevermore should be headlining.

Yeah I agree if I was Nevermore I would have thought twice about even doing these shows if it wasnt headlining, every member of the band is lightyears ahead of said member in Disturbed.

Could be worse though. They could be opening for Slipknot, thats where shit would hit the fan.

My original response was probably me in shock :lol: While I still don't rate disturbed whatsoever, I will gladly pay the ticket price to see nevermore!

I remain happy they are touring :)

maybe they are supporting disturbed to open there music to more people?????

does not really matter, would pay the money to see nevermore no problem, that'll be twice in 5 months, fuck yeah

cannae wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang:

Ill definately be there in Copenhagen, it is going to be a blast. 19 times in 2 months hahahaha :hotjump:

I have mixed feelings to be honest...
On one hand I`m glad that NM will be exposed to wider spectrum of people, mainly Disturbed fans. On the other hand COC said recently that touring with Disturbed was their biggest mistake ever... But on the other hand, there is a difference between fans in USa and in EU, espeically if it comes to young metalheads.

I saw Disturbed twice, back in 2001 shortly after debut and back in 2003 on tour with Metallica. I enjoyed both shows, they are talented musicians and songwriters, their guitar player is good and their singer is quite interesting too. Just as much people cant stand Warrel`s voice, same much people cant stand Drainman`s... At least I heard lots of opinions...

The bottom line: give it a chance.

PS. I hope that these posted support dates are complete and rest of the EU tour in April will be headlining dates of Nevermore.

Liverslapper said:
nothing is wrong with disturbed? but i really did think they would headline, they probably will anyway sometime

they`ll do :D

xSUIxTOMMYx said:
I have mixed feelings to be honest...
On one hand I`m glad that NM will be exposed to wider spectrum of people, mainly Disturbed fans. On the other hand COC said recently that touring with Disturbed was their biggest mistake ever... But on the other hand, there is a difference between fans in USa and in EU, espeically if it comes to young metalheads.

I saw Disturbed twice, back in 2001 shortly after debut and back in 2003 on tour with Metallica. I enjoyed both shows, they are talented musicians and songwriters, their guitar player is good and their singer is quite interesting too. Just as much people cant stand Warrel`s voice, same much people cant stand Drainman`s... now just watch Nevermore sell a few million for the same reason...............At least I heard lots of opinions...

The bottom line: give it a chance.

PS. I hope that these posted support dates are complete and rest of the EU tour in April will be headlining dates of Nevermore.

they are on their way to a sellout, isn't it obvious, they have never had this much attention

does it really matter? about, " your not metal if you like disturbed" thats so lame if people liek it they like it, and i for one think new disturbed c-d is awesome, they became alot better and more metal, alot of catchy hooky heavy riffs with good singing nothign wrong with disturbed, that be a kick ass show

Final_Product said:

You're absolutely right but, don't forget the fact that they will meet fresh blood when they will support a band that plays different music then they do.
Capiche?

I heard it monday, that Nevermore will support Disturbed and will play in 013, in my hometown, on my birthday! :)

dv8eddmg said:
they are on their way to a sellout, isn't it obvious, they have never had this much attention

Compared to former tours and last year, 013 was pretty packed.
I saw WD staring into the crowd, with his mouth full open. I don't know if it was that, but he was pretty amazed of what he saw there. Nevermore is finally getting in return what they have already given.
And i hope they get even more. I almost think you don't find them good or kick ass anymore in your opinion now that Nevermore becomes more known. Do you think that there's nothing new and unknown left, when it comes to provocation? Guess what?
You already know, when the youngsters are coming in. You went ahead.
More listeners means recognition and obviously Nevermore is getting bigger.
Be glad more youngsters listen to proper metal and that there will be atleast a few, who will get inspired to make proper metal of their own, so you won't have to listen to mediocre crap when you're growing old and grey.

From official website (just posted!):

Nevermore European tourdates announced
Yes, it's true. Nevermore are heading for European soil again this spring. First up are the Metal mania festivals in Budapest. Zlin and Katowice after which the band will be joining Disturbed on their European tour through Germany, The Netherlands, and Great Britain. The dates are confirmed but always subject to change, so keep an eye on this website and always check with the venue for last minute changed. Tourdates can be found on the tourdates page.

17 Jan 2006 by thewendy

Metalmania Festivals

02.03.2006 (H) BUDAPEST / Petöfi Hall
03.03.2006 (CZ) ZLIN / Novesta Hall
04.03.2006 (PL) KATOWICE / Spodek

DISTURBED: European dates 2006

09.03.2006 (D) NÜRNBERG / Löwensaal
10.03.2006 (D) MÜNCHEN / Tonhalle
12.03.2006 (DK) COPENHAGEN / Amager Bio
14.03.2006 (D) HAMBURG / Große Freiheit
16.03.2006 (D) BREMEN / Aladin
17.03.2006 (D) BERLIN / Huxleys
19.03.2006 (NL) TILBURG / 013
20.03.2006 (NL) AMSTERDAM / Paradiso
22.03.2006 (D) KÖLN / Live Music Hall
23.03.2006 (D) DORTMUND / Westfalenhalle 3
25.03.2006 (GB) GLASGOW / Barrowlands
27.03.2006 (GB) NEWCASTLE / Academy
28.03.2006 (GB) BIRMINGHAM / Academy
30.03.2006 (GB) MANCHESTER / Academy
31.03.2006 (GB) LIVERPOOL / Academy
02.04.2006 (GB) NOTTINGHAM / Rock City
03.04.2006 (GB) LONDON / Astoria

So seems like there will NOT be a headlining EU tour this spring as Warrel posted last month...

I hope they will play 60 minutes.

I`m gonna score 2 out of 3 MetalMania festivals and strongly considering to hit to Berlin...:headbang: