Nevermore Vs..........iced Earth

I'm just going to jump into this thread blindly and throw shit around......

THE GLORIOUS BURDEN WILL BE THE RELEASE OF THE YEAR. ALL OTHERS WILL LOOK LIKE THEY WERE PLAYED ON DETUNED BANJOS WITHOUT THE 1ST AND 3RD STRINGS IN COMPARISON.

[capslock fucking owns you]

and how can caps lock own us all?
i mean honestly
I could totally beat the crap out of caps lock
and neal there could definitely out-toke caps lock
ledmag could out-flame caps lock
pyrus could out-thrash caps lock
lord of metal could out...gay caps lock

owned......PSHTFTFTRJHHFTTT.

outgay cpas lock......hahahahahaha

NIGHTRAGE is a good new death melodic band. All star as well. Check into this one guys. I got it yesterday

yeah, I heard someone saying last week it was freaking excellent so I downloaded it...breezed through it..not too bad at all

the riffs are basic, but sorta new....really fast though like old IE or D&W

and like the lamest rythm you've ever heard (as usual)

rich seems to be doin a bit more :D

yeh i got a nightrage sample...not too bad. i think ill see if i can dl it first though. it didnt totaly blow me away or anything. i dont wanna buy it if i wont listen to it much.
-neal

Okay, comments on the new Iced Earth...

The Reckoning: That chorus has annoying Horror Show-ish choir effects, but the underlying riff and the similar one at 0:41 BRING THE THRASHIFICATION. The main riff is okay. Tim (gotta stop calling him Ripper) has good shrieks here, and they don't sound too Halford-esque...they're not as clean, more of an edge and a snarl. The interlude at 2:15 sounds like Desert Rain, with a kewl bassline. It goes on for a little too long, and Tim's vocals start a little weak, but his shriek is flawless. Just needs to be trimmed a bit around the middle; otherwise, pretty cool power tune.

Hollow Man: Tim does great ballad vox...I mean, I knew he could after "Cathedral Spires," "Beyond the Realms of Death" live, and "Close To You," but he's got the emotion down. Chorus would SLAY if not for that annoying acoustic guitar hovering in the background...IT'S A POWER BALLAD. NO FUCKING ACOUSTICS IN THE CHORUS. THE CHORUS BRINGS THE POWER PART. GET IT, JON? That aside, Jon seems to be letting Richie get a little more dynamic on the drums. The last couple lines of each verse have a weird style, but Owens just goes EPIC at 2:38. Some good lead shit in the background at that point. Best ballad I've heard since Melancholy, but still not up to old-school quality.

Red Baron/Blue Max: No matter the historical context, that title sucks. But the song...YEE-HAW! This actually sounds a lot like Winter's Bane, with Tim cutting loose like he did on "The Horror Glances" and "The Sillhouette." Jon does some great varied riffage here, almost like the awesomeness of the Stormrider days. However, I could dig a solo over the rhythm break, but at least he's doing some really cool riffs. The ending bit of the clip is a great build-up to YET ANOTHER good riff. Definitely the best of the songs so far...even if it has the words "Blue Max" in the title.

Overall, it's not exactly a stunning return to form, but it certainly beats hell outta Horror Show. Jon came up with some pretty inventive riffs, and Tim does great justice to them. All seems to be going fairly well.

yeah.....the chorus in barren are GAYYYYYY

and horror show had some good riffs

dragons child...tansylvania (;)).....wolf....dracula (eh...sorta...)