Nevermore Vs..........iced Earth

Jon "hires" guys to play in his band for free. Makes them move his gear while he sits on his ass "Oh, my back hurts, my neck hurts, I can't lift anything"....P.O.S. Should cut his stressed out grey hair and become a COP! That's his true calling in life. Some cops are cool, but Jon would be a real PIG! Next time you look at him imagine him with a hair-cut, mirror shades, uniform and billy club. Tell me I'm wrong.

The biggest piece of shit in the music industry is Craig Locicero, any body ever meet that hunk of shit?

I own all the studio albums by both bands and I own the Sanctuary record "refuge denied". Lyrically, I think Jon is more diverse as opposed to Warrel. Jon takes more chances and has since learned a lot more. He did two albums with just random songs,two concept albums and one theme album. Whereas Warrel did one concept album and 3 albums with just random songs.But those random songs have the same approach to them.Depression,drugs,technology or political pigs. This approach can get a little boring.But overall, Warrel Dane IS a much better lyricist.

Musically I have to say that Iced Earth are MUCH better.No offense to nevermore but they haven't made a dante's inferno,1776,phantom opera ghost,travel in stygian ect... Nevermore don't seem to be interested in long compositions but just finishing the song. Although nevermore have great moments like the intro to engines of hate or the song 42147. It still pales in comparison.

What I find completely repulsing is how you criticize Jon and Matt as people. I think the people in Nevermore would not be impressed that THEIR fans would go so low. So what if Jon just hires musicians, he does this for fans, if spent all his time trying to convince people to stay in the band he would have disbanded iced earth many years ago.For him to go through so many members shows perseverance and loyalty. To criticize Matt for the way he sings is really dumb. He sings HIS way, the only way HE can. Just like Warrel does,Hansi does,Bruce Dickinson does,rob halford does,jaymz hetfield does ect...

Personally my favorite bands in order are
Iron Maiden
Iced Earth/Nevermore/Blind Guardian
ect...

I enjoy both bands equally so I am NOT purposely being biased.

Why do you people criticize all kind of bands, you should just be thankful they are providing you with metal and if you do not like the music then just shut the fuck up.

Angel of Disease, i must disagree with you on your point that Iced Earth are better musicians, all of their songs except those you mentioned are not that complex, and Schaffer seems to reuse riffs a hell of a lot as a writer, thus i also disagree with your point that Iced earth is more diverse musically.
Now lyrically I do agree with you, Schaffer has taken more chances especially with his concept albums, but still I prefer the lyrics to nevermore songs. Maybe nevermore willl try to make a concept album based on drugs or politics, sort of a operation mindcrime type deal.
I agree with you on Barlow, I do rather like his singing, especially live, but some people have different tastes.

Lots of people have said Jon re-uses riffs but the ONLY kind he does it with is the one found in Phantom Opera ghost,when the night falls,the prophecy(I think, or the song after prophecy)ect..
He also used the same structure for his ballads about 3 times.Aside from that, I do not see much more indications of riff recycling.But this doesn't bother me as long as they are HIS riffs and not someone elses.

Originally posted by angel of disease
I own all the studio albums by both bands and I own the Sanctuary record "refuge denied". Lyrically, I think Jon is more diverse as opposed to Warrel. Jon takes more chances and has since learned a lot more. He did two albums with just random songs,two concept albums and one theme album. Whereas Warrel did one concept album and 3 albums with just random songs.But those random songs have the same approach to them.Depression,drugs,technology or political pigs. This approach can get a little boring.But overall, Warrel Dane IS a much better lyricist.

**NO OFFENCE MAN, BUT hahahhahahahhahahahahahahahha.
OH YEAH, YOU SAID JON WAS BETTER FIRST, THEN wd WAS BETTERM, WHICH ONE MAN****

Musically I have to say that Iced Earth are MUCH better.No offense to nevermore but they haven't made a dante's inferno,1776,phantom opera ghost,travel in stygian ect... Nevermore don't seem to be interested in long compositions but just finishing the song. Although nevermore have great moments like the intro to engines of hate or the song 42147. It still pales in comparison.

"***wELL, jEFF DID THOSE TYPES OF SONGS, YES HE DID, DURING THE 1ST 3 DAYS HE PICKED UP HIS GUITAR HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. hE IS A TRILLION TIMES BETTER. nOT CAUSE nevermore IS MY FAV, BUT CAUSE ITS THE TRUTH MAN. JEFF WAILS WAY BETTER THAN JON OR ANY OF HIS HIRED GUNS, ITS A KNOWN FACT****

What I find completely repulsing is how you criticize Jon and Matt as people. I think the people in Nevermore would not be impressed that THEIR fans would go so low. So what if Jon just hires musicians, he does this for fans, if spent all his time trying to convince people to stay in the band he would have disbanded iced earth many years ago.For him to go through so many members shows perseverance and loyalty. To criticize Matt for the way he sings is really dumb. He sings HIS way, the only way HE can. Just like Warrel does,Hansi does,Bruce Dickinson does,rob halford does,jaymz hetfield does ect...

***wELL, NIMBER ONE, I DONT CARE WHAT ANY OF THE GUYS IN ANY BAND THINKS ABOUT MY OPINNION. NUMBER TWO, IM SURE THE NEVERCREW ARE ON THE SIDE OF NEAL AND MYSELF, AND ALL THE OTHERS WHO HAVE THEIR EYES OPEN. i PERSONALLY THINK MATT IS THE BACK BONE OF THE BAND, BUT I THINK AS WELL, THAT WD IS BETTER, AND HETFIELD IS A PUSSY WHO DOESNT EVEN DESERVE TO BE IN THIS THREAD. HE IS NOWHERE NEAR THE SINGER OF MATT AND WD, HE IS A SCREACHER, HE JUST SINGS WITH HIS THROAT CLOSED***

Personally my favorite bands in order are
Iron Maiden
Iced Earth/Nevermore/Blind Guardian
ect...

I enjoy both bands equally so I am NOT purposely being biased.

Why do you people criticize all kind of bands, you should just be thankful they are providing you with metal and if you do not like the music then just shut the fuck up.

**oK ,i WASNT GOING TO FLAME YOU, BUT SINCE YOUR TALKINSHIT, AND YOU SMELL LIKE SHIT, FUCK YOU YOU LITTLE TURD WHO HAPPENS TO BE WEDGED SIDEWAYS. YOUR A FUCKEN RETARD, YOU NEED A HEARING AID, . whY THE FUCK SHOULD I BE THANKFUL THAT JON IS A DICK SUCKER? hUH,? YOUR FUCKED MAN. GO SUCK YOUR DAD OFF, AND THEN GO SEE YOUR GRANDAD, CANT YOU HEAR THEM CALLING YOU. YOU FUCKEN PUTZ, BTW, I CALL JON A PUTZ ON A REGULAR BASIS. YOU PUTZ."

iF YOU WANT, ILL FLAME YOU MORE LATER CUM GUZZLER, OH HEY, GET A WET NAP, YOU HAVE A HANGY ON YOUR LIP.

Lots of people have said Jon re-uses riffs but the ONLY kind he does it with is the one found in Phantom Opera ghost,when the night falls,the prophecy(I think, or the song after prophecy)ect..
He also used the same structure for his ballads about 3 times.Aside from that, I do not see much more indications of riff recycling.But this doesn't bother me as long as they are HIS riffs and not someone elses.

wELL THATS IT, YOUR JUST SIMPLE MINDED. MAN, IF YOU WANT THE SAME SHIT OVER AND OVER, THEN WHY THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE CD?

YOUR A STUPID FUCKER YOU ARE.

You ARE quite the dumb bitter fuck eh, anyways I suppose I will reply in order of the comments made you(ledmag).

First off, I said Jon is more diverse NOT better.Warrel Dane is obviously better.

Jesus christ you are such a stupid cunt.This comment was completely ignorant and moronic.

Good, you don't care,now go fuck a goat.As for Hetfield, that was just an example that he sings HIS way, just like warrel,bruce and halford does.

Yah, this comment totally validated your ignorance and the fact that you do not realise, YOU ARE ON A FORUM.Therefore you CANNOT see,hear or smell me.

All right, maybe I should clarify this for stupid pieces of shit such as yourself.Jon Schaffer simply incorporated a few parts from a riff he made into a couple songs for 30 seconds.THAT is NOT the same shit over and over.

Also, there IS a "caps lock" button and it should be to the left of the "a" button.

On a side note, try paying more attention in english class.

I can think of a lot of instances of re-used riffs in iced earth songs. Riffs are re-used all the time (or slight variations of the same riff) Just about every single ballad is so similar it is almost confusing.

They (iced earth) write incredibly formulaically for a band that is supposedly taking risks.

Lyrically, yes, perhaps iced earth's range of topics are greater (although i would seriously argue that) but so what I can write 1000 crap lyrics about 1000 topics yet if they are crap...what's the point?
In terms of quality of lyrics they can't even hope to compare to some of the depth and near poetry that is contained in nevermore’s lyrics.

You ARE quite the dumb bitter fuck eh, anyways I suppose I will reply in order of the comments made you(ledmag).

First off, I said Jon is more diverse NOT better.Warrel Dane is obviously better.

**OK, YOUR CONFUSED, ITS NOTHING BEYOND THE NORM FOR YOU, BUT STILL YET, YOUR CONFUSED. hERE LET ME SHOW YOU WHY.

**quote angelofasses**Lyrically, I think Jon is more diverse as opposed to Warrel. Jon takes more chances and has since learned a lot more.**end quote angelofasses
WHAT CHANCES? HUH, HE RANTS ABOUT SATAN, AND RERIGHTS A CLASSIC NOVEL? HE RERIGHTS THESE HORROR STORIES....OK MAN, YOU KEEP BELIEVEING YOURSELF

YOU NEED TO CLARIFY THINGS A BIT BETTER THE NEXT TIME YOU OPEN YOUR PIE HOLE SHIT FACE**

Jesus christ you are such a stupid cunt.This comment was completely ignorant and moronic.

*I KNOW MAN, YOUR STUPID, I HAVE NO CLUE WHY YOU MADE THAT COMMENT. i SUPPOSE YOUR THINKING WITH YOUR MOUTH, YOU KNOW, AS IN JONS DICK IN YOUR MOUTH**

Good, you don't care,now go fuck a goat.

*SO, YOU HAVE A PAST WITH GOATS HEY*

As for Hetfield, that was just an example that he sings HIS way, just like warrel,bruce and halford does.

*OK RETARD, MONGALOID BOY, YOU SEE, IN THIS THREAD, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT FOLKS WHO CAN SING, THUS, WD, MB, NOT NON SINGING MORONS. BUT HEY, THATS OK, YOUR A MORON, SO I CAN SEE WHERE YOU MADE THE CONNECTION*

Yah, this comment totally validated your ignorance and the fact that you do not realise, YOU ARE ON A FORUM.Therefore you CANNOT see,hear or smell me.

*I KNOW, IT BLEW ME AWAY. i THOUGHT, FUCK, THIS GUY IS SUCH A JOKER. GET REAL MAN, DONT BE DUMBER THAN YOU ARE, IT WAS A PHRASE STUPID ASS. SHEESH, YOUR AN ASSHOLE.

All right, maybe I should clarify this for stupid pieces of shit such as yourself.Jon Schaffer simply incorporated a few parts from a riff he made into a couple songs for 30 seconds.THAT is NOT the same shit over and over.

** YOU REALLY NEED TO LISTEN TO YOUR IE CD'S AGAIN, THIS TIME, DONT FANTASISE ABOUT JON WHILSTE YOUR DOIN IT OK. CLEAR YOUR MIND, LISTEN VERY CLOSE, YOULL SEE. MOST PPL DONT HAVE TO EXAMINE IE TO SEE THE LIGHT, BUT YOU OBVIOUSLY NEED TO. OR, YOU MAY BE TO FAR GONE.**

Also, there IS a "caps lock" button and it should be to the left of the "a" button.

**I KNOW DICK SHIT, YOU SEE, THE WAY I AM ADDRESSING YOUR POST, IT REQUIRES THAT I USE THE ALL CAPS BUTTON, ESPECIALLY FOR A MENTALLY CHALLENGED ROOT COLLECTOR LIKE YOU. tHAT WAY YOU CAN DIFFER MY REPLY FROM YOUR STUPID JON INFESTED RANTS. ANY OTHER STUPID QUESTIONS? WELL SHIT, THAT WAS STUPID OF ME TO ASK, YOUR A RETARD, OF COARSE YOUR GONNA ASK ANOTHER STUPID QUESTION HAHAHAHHAHA***

On a side note, try paying more attention in english class.

*** ITS TOO LATE FOR THAT DIM WIT, SAY LIKE....11 TO 16 YRS TO LATE. ON A SIDE NOTE, YOU NEED TO TRY HARDER IF YOU WANT TO FLAME ME NIMROD, THAT ENGLISH THING, WHATS UP WITH THAT? AM I MAKING MONEY WRITEING THIS CRAP?..NO, DO I CARE IF THE SHIT IS SPELLED RIGHT?...NO. DO I HAVE TIME TO CARE IF ITS SPELLED RIGHT? ...NO. YOU GOT THE POINT. BUT, YOU KNEW THE POINT ALL ALONG,.......YOUR A FUCKING RETARD, YEP, THATS THE POINT.

ANYTHING ELSE I CAN HELP YOU WITH? iLL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TELL YOU HOW FUCKED AND STUPID YOU ARE OVER AND OVER.

WHILE YOUR THINKING ABOUT IT....CHECK THIS LINK.

WWW.ANGELOFDISEASE.ISGAY.COM

Oh its bloody you LEDMAG, SEE WHAT YOU HAVE STARTED..and who is going to finish it..

JUST FACE it *ICE EARTH* are tryhards...in teh real metal world...you understand jon is froma sheltered world.

You all think i would have edited anything , nahh never have never will noit like DUSK....

Yeah, this thread will never be finished.

I edited mine cause i forgot to stick the link in hahahahha

This one is gonna go for ever.

Your up late.

Originally posted by true light
You all think i would have edited anything , nahh never have never will noit like DUSK....
Me??? I'm new! No pickin on the new guy! Besides, what's wrong with edit? :confused: i'm indecisive...blah to u:p
You know now i'm going to edit every single post i make. :lol:

Hey DUSK, he only replies about ppl he likes. SO you should feel special, espesially since your new.

if he replies to you again, then you IN.